Brian died at 6.15 p.m. to-day

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Nan,

Morning has arrived and both Sylvia and I have you in our minds and hearts together with Izzy.

Love

tattytaylor

Jul 12, 2011
So sorry for your loss but lovely that you had your kiss, He is at peace now

Thinking of You

Caroline xxxxx

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
My sincerest sympathies and condolences as I have only just read this. Thoughts are with you and your family. How lovely that Brian waited for you....it will be a bittersweet memory, but I am pleased that you were together.

((((hugs)))))

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Nan,

Sending much love to you. Today will be a day of many emotions and I hope from the bottom of my heart that it is everything you would want it to be. Brian will be watching, and you may well feel him there. I know I felt my dad, and it was a serene feeling of support on a day I hoped would never come. He helped me through, and Brian will do the same...I'm sure of it.

Thinking of you & your family,

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Dear Nan
I've been thinking of you today and hope that you are bearing up. I know you are so sad but I hope the day was all that you wanted it to be and a fitting testimonial to your love for Brian. with love, respect and sympathy X

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Nan

As always you have been much in my mind and heart, especially today. Huge sorrow and sadness as you have said, but I hope that feeling of peace you experienced has remained with you, and helped you through this special day with its mixed emotions.

With my love, and many thoughts.

Loo xxx

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Thank you

You dear, dear people, thank you for all of the kind, thoughtful, supportive and loving messages you have sent me over the last couple of days. They are hugely appreciated.

The day went very well (as far as such a day can be said to go well) and I was so proud and happy for Brian that so many people came to the service and to the get-together afterwards.

My eldest son and his wife arrived on Sunday at tea-time and I took them to make their journey home four hours ago so I have had company throughout. I have just now dropped my youngest back at the station to go back to London, my middle son is back to work and now I begin my "new phase" in life. (Should I mention that I have a small glass of cider beside me and a handful of crisps ...?)

After dropping off Matthew and his wife, I went down to the beach hut and did a run and a swim, knowing that Brian would definitely want me to continue doing this. Even when he could no longer say much, when I told him I had done a run and swim earlier in the day, he would give me a huge smile of pleasure and approval.

I had been so nervous about yesterday because I had written the entire eulogy and Order of Service, which included three of my sets of verses (none of which was read out, just there to be read while people filed in). But everyone was so kind. I welled now and then but managed not to cry outright - and I had my dear Brian "with me" (in the form of his two locks of hair in a foolscap envelope) paper-clipped inside my copy of the Order of Service. And my feelings of peace and calm stayed with me.

Once again, my grateful thanks to you all for your lovely messages.

Love, Nan XXX