Brian died at 6.15 p.m. to-day

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Nan

I've just got in and read your news. I'm so sorry that you have lost your lovely Brian.

You haven't really lost him though, have you? He remains in your heart, and always will. I'm glad you had your kiss this morning, and that he waited for you this evening. You had a very special love.

Heartfelt condolences to you and your sons.

Love,

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Dear Nan, I am so sorry to read about Brian. I hope you can feel some peace in being with him and that wonderful kiss. My love and sympathy to you and your family. xx

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Nan

So sorry to hear the sad news of Brian,s passing,but lovely to hear that he waited for you,your sons and yourself will be in my thoughts and prayers,you take care Marian xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Nan

I`m so sorry Nan. Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences. Brian`s struggle is over. May he rest in peace.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Nan I am so terribly sorry to hear about Brian. I'm glad he waited for you and that you got your kiss. Thinking of you and wishing you continued strength. x

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Dear Nan,

I'm so sorry to hear of Brian's death. I have followed your story for some time and have been so inspired by the dignity with which you shared your experiences with us.

Sending my sincerest condolences to you and your sons. I'm so glad that you could all be together today.

Love to you all,

Sue, xxx

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Dear Nan,
I am so sorry for you. At least your Brian hung on for you. I still blame myself for not staying with my Bryan longer that sunday evening. I did not make it in time.
Love and hugs Muriel xx:confused:

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Nan,

I'm so sorry to hear your news - but how lovely that you still were able to share a last kiss - what a moment to treasure.

Thinking of you and your family xxxx

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Dear Nan

Have just read your post, I feel for you that you have lost your special man, your Brian, but I am so glad that you were there to say a special goodbye to the man you love.
I was privileged to do so for my Mum and 5 years down the line that brings me comfort and I hope that the same feelings will be with you as time passes.

May your God walk with you at this time.

Love and hugs Helen xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Dear Nan,
I am so sorry you have lost your dear husband, but he obviously knew you till the end and I am thankful you got there in time for him to take his leave of this earthly life and his suffering, which he is now free of, blessedly.
You and your sons are in my thoughts & prayers.
Brian is in a better place, I feel sure xxxx

JayGee

Aug 23, 2009
kilmarnock ayrshire
Dear Nan
sending you love and may your poem brings you the comfort it gave me

Love continues
Love, compassion, grief and longing,
Anguish, loneliness, despair,
Love and heartache, pain and sorrow,
All the lot of those who care;
But through it all the love continues,
Grows and changes, never dies.

Carers help their loved ones through
Loss after loss and realise
At every step they too are losing,
Mourn behind a bright disguise;
But through it all the love continues,
Grows and changes, never dies.

'Though what once was is gone forever,
Love continues, come whatever.

June xx

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Dear Nan,

Thank God you made it back in time to be there with Brian and allow him to pass in peace. You will treasure that last kiss, however, you have a lifetime of treasured moments which I hope will help you through this difficult time.

My love and deepest sympathies to you and yours.

Bastan xxx

holiday

Apr 29, 2011
Norfolk
Sorry to hear about the death of your husband, but take strength in that he is free from the pain and suffering that this dreadful disease brings, he died surrounded by love xxx

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Dear Nan

I was so sorry to read about Brian. But I smiled when I read that he waited for you, that's just so lovely.

Wishing you strength for the days ahead.

Love & Hugs

Margaret xxx