Breaking point

70smand

Dec 4, 2011
Essex
.....oops, posted before I finished!
If you want to tag someone just press the @ key and then start typing the name without a space and a box will pop up with names below for you to click on the right person. I think it’s only highlighted blue when you post. Hope I got that right :rolleyes: xx

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
.....oops, posted before I finished!
If you want to tag someone just press the @ key and then start typing the name without a space and a box will pop up with names below for you to click on the right person. I think it’s only highlighted blue when you post. Hope I got that right :rolleyes: xx
Thank you! X

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Hi

I just read and really feel for you, I understand why you want to look after your Mum at home as we do the same, but you really do need help, you need a proper accessment done on your Mum to see if they can calm her down, my Mum was offered Olanzapine for aggressive behaviour, we did not use it but people who have used it on their loved ones say it helps, but I have read a low does is the best.
she might need something for depression as well.

I really hope you get help, try the dementia support line as well that someone gave you in a previous post.

let us know how you get on. Sending you a hug

Thanks for the hug @Doggy86* .

Mum is already on an antidepressent -Mirtazapine. She's only been on it a week. I think I spoke too soon earlier when I thought it may be helping as we had a bad night again last night. I am unsure who would do it, or how Mum, would have an assessment as she, like others goes into hostess mode if anyone comes here to see her and she has aphasia too do doesn't hardly talk now. Every day I just hope and pray for a better day!!

70smand

Dec 4, 2011
Essex
Every day is always so different, in fact, every minute! Nothing is foolproof unfortunately :(.
Maybe a video of the bad times, as hard as it to film and look back on, may show someone a taste of what you are going through.
It’s so tough as for me, my mum was the main carer and I was just supporting her, so it was easier for me to make a fuss on their behalf. Have you got someone who can help support you and do some of the chasing about\ phoning for you? I know my mum was so exhausted from caring that she would not have had the energy herself. If someone witnesses what you are going through then maybe they can support you? We found an excellent social worker amongst several useless ones who made it her mission to help us after witnessing what we were going through, and realising the social worker assigned to dad was doing nothing to help.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Every day is always so different, in fact, every minute! Nothing is foolproof unfortunately :(.
Maybe a video of the bad times, as hard as it to film and look back on, may show someone a taste of what you are going through.
It’s so tough as for me, my mum was the main carer and I was just supporting her, so it was easier for me to make a fuss on their behalf. Have you got someone who can help support you and do some of the chasing about\ phoning for you? I know my mum was so exhausted from caring that she would not have had the energy herself. If someone witnesses what you are going through then maybe they can support you? We found an excellent social worker amongst several useless ones who made it her mission to help us after witnessing what we were going through, and realising the social worker assigned to dad was doing nothing to help.

Yes I agree @70smand. No two days are the same and just as you think you've got on top of one problem, another strange thing comes along and knocks you off your feet again.

Mums self funding so you tend to find SS don't get involved and are just left to get on with it. No support sadly, just me and Mum. You were very lucky to find an excellent SW (didn't know they existed!). It's certainly exhausting but all I can do is plod on!!