breakfast

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Breakfast for swallowing problems.
Anyone got any good ideas. I had been giving him ready been with thickened but that seems to result in choking. Can't give him eggs everyday, enough problems keeping his gut moving.
Ideas please?

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
we have porridge, at the moment we are on Wheetabix soaked in milk, like baby Farleys. we at the weekend have black pudding and chopped tomatoes, and bread with crusts off.

Yes eggs bad enough but B likes brown sauce which helps

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Porridge, wheetabix or yoghurt are all good. My husband is on a pulverised diet because of his swallowing and manages all three of the above with no problems. Put honey on his porridge and it goes down in no time.:)

Roses40

Jan 25, 2015
manchester
Dad has weetabix with honey and whole milk followed by toast and marmalade (crusts off). No choking until he has a cup of tea. Also may have skinless sausages x

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Dad has weetabix with honey and whole milk followed by toast and marmalade (crusts off). No choking until he has a cup of tea. Also may have skinless sausages x

yes B likes toast and marmalade crusts cut off, and the birds like the crusts as does Milly the cat from across the back

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Toast definitely a no, was having porridge but managed to get the minutes bit stuck in his throat and choke.
Thank you people.Am going to try cereal soaked and sometimes the skinless sausages. Tinned tomatoes I already use a fair bit. Breakfasts seem to be most troublesome although I give him an hour or so before I get it.

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Toast definitely a no, was having porridge but managed to get the minutes bit stuck in his throat and choke.
Thank you people.Am going to try cereal soaked and sometimes the skinless sausages. Tinned tomatoes I already use a fair bit. Breakfasts seem to be most troublesome although I give him an hour or so before I get it.

I tend to over run the porridge so suppose it goes like gruel

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Have you tried the very fine oatmeal bemused? It takes a bit longer to cook but may be smoother. Actually the health food shop may have different kinds of cereal that can be cooked to make a smooth sort of er, porridge. Nothing springs to mind but it may be worth trying.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
thank you patsy, maybe worth a try. We have very fine ground oatmeal but that doesn't stop the choking. Maybe I will have to cut out breakfast, later in the day he seems better

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
My aunt thoroughly enjoys her egg and bacon breakfast, it's the baby food one out of a jar but, according to my cousin, it's tastes great with a little salt and pepper added! Similarly with the beef casserole version which gets a little mustard to widen the flavour.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Lots of things I would never think of. Try them all one after another. Get rid of a lifetimes thoughts about what constitutes ' breakfast'!

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I thought of you this morning. I Tipped out and milked my shreddies and the phone rang..... Shreddies with milk go very soft and mushy very quickly!

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Lots of things I would never think of. Try them all one after another. Get rid of a lifetimes thoughts about what constitutes ' breakfast'!

:D Breakfast is only breaking the "fast" between last meal and next so yes can have breakfast anytime, now where is the chocolate sponge and custard.