Break Through at last!!

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Just got back from my meeting with the ward manager and the consultant. I am satisfied with the outcome and very glad that I did it. Ken can now come home 2 afternoons each week!!!! He will be taken off the section 3 in a couple of weeks!!!! What a relief!!!!

So, he will be away from the ward for 4 times each week, twice to the day care and twice with me. I have had to convince the consultant that this will not 'set him back'. I have had a strategy for calming him ready to go back on the ward which I have been using when I bring him back from daycare. I take him to the cafeteria, spend a little time there and then we walk back to the ward as per a normal visit. This works very well and is a routine which I think I will be able to use to get him back on the ward without upsetting him. As time goes by and it all becomes 'normal' for him, I can start to drop off the cafe visit. I also mentioned that Christmas was coming up and the consultant told me I could take him out as I wanted over Christmas and that he would have been taken off the section by then!!

I also got to speak with the coordinator nurse who writes the reports on Ken in the day care - she said he was fine, there were no problems at all with him. She also said in private to me when we were alone that she thought I had done exactly the right thing in forcing an emergency review and that unless I had kicked, screamed and thrown hysterics, nothing would have changed.

Many thanks everyone for the kind words from my thread yesterday. Step by Step and we eventually reach our goal.
xxTinaT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Tina, I`m delighted with your news.

But I`m dismayed you had to force an emergency review and kick and scream before you received attention. It shouldn`t have come to that.

But well done for perseverance. You will sleep well tonight.

Love xx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
We should not have to fight the system.

Congratulations Tina,
I am so pleased what you have achieved for Ken and yourself. Unfortunatutely we always have to go through a fight. We know our loved ones best. At last commensense has previaled with the powers that be. Good Luck. Christine

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Well done Tina for standing your ground. I know the last few weeks have not been easy (understatement).

Am so pleased for you.:D :D

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
Hi Tina , i am so happy for you . how sad that we have to use our depleted energies fighting for our rights ,i hope all goes well with kens visits home, take care of yourself now, you can take a breather........till the next hurdle.
Angela.xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Tina, well done!!!!!!!

It's excellent news that you're going to be able to bring Ken home twice a week.
I hope you have no more hassles, and can get the new routine established. Your plan sounds very sensible.

Love,

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Tina,

Your perseverance has paid off and I hope that everything now goes in your favour without any problems. Best Wishes Taffy.