Brand new at this

Nitengal

Dec 12, 2017
I Am brand new at this and I also have memory loss at the age of 65. I have been put on Aaron's staff and been having trouble taking it at night time because of nightmares so I've changed the evenings but I forget to take it in the evenings because I take all of my other pills in the morning or at night time. I can't find your replies where you posted online. Can you tell me how to find them?

Nitengal

Dec 12, 2017
I Am brand new at this and I also have memory loss at the age of 65. I have been put on Aaron's staff and been having trouble taking it at night time because of nightmares so I've changed the evenings but I forget to take it in the evenings because I take all of my other pills in the morning or at night time. I can't find your replies where you posted online. Can you tell me how to find them?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Nitengal
a warm welcome to TP
don't worry, I worked out that you meant Aricept in your initial your post; I rather like 'Aaron's staff' instead
it's good that you have found TP to chat to folk here - hopefully as there's a lot of collective knowledge amongst the members, we will be able to answer any questions you have

I'm not sure what you mean about replies - your posts have worked and mine is the first reply to you - you will have had a 'flag up' that I have replied at the top right of the screen when you logged in - so keep posting, you're doing fine
maybe you mean how to post a reply - best way is to go to the very bottom of the thread where there's an empty text box (may say post here) next to a roundel - type in there and then press the blue Post Reply button at the bottom right of the box

I wonder whether setting an alarm might help you remember to take your pills, maybe on your mobile or a watch if you wear one

you can have your pills dispensed in a dosette box which has them all ready for you, in day and time order, that may help; have a word with your GP's surgery and chemist to arrange this - my dad found it a real help
there are also pill dispensers which send an alarm to let you know a pill is due to be taken - try an internet search as there are quite a few on the market - eg
https://www.alzproducts.co.uk/pill-dispensers-organizers/pivotell-advance-automatic-pill-dispenser
my dad also found it helpful to tick off on his calendar when he had taken his pills; might that help?
best wishes

Last edited: