Bradford Dementia Group

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by Skye, May 28, 2007.

1. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    #1 Skye, May 28, 2007
    Last edited: May 28, 2007
    I've just received an email from our User and Carer group with a link to Bradford University Dementia Group. Thay've made a short film called Ex Memoria based on the life of a woman with AD. There are several handouts to be used with the film.

You can't see the film, but the handouts are very well worth reading. The first one tells the story. On the page, scroll down to Ex Memoria and click the links.

http://www.bradford.ac.uk/acad/health/dementia/

Edited to add:

PS I've just discovered you can order a copy of the film, it's free but you have to pay postage.

http://www.exmemoriafilm.co.uk/5.html

2. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    Rats. As per usual, they've forgotten the whole world doen't use PCs: it's microsoft word doc, and although I can often read those with a translator program, on this occasion it makes the translator crash.

Jennifer

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Jennifer, Bruce could probably convert them to pdf. Would that help?

4. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    Well yes it would. I assume, though, that there might be copyright issues. I've a good mind to email the bradford site and point out that they are following a policy of exclusion.

Jennifer

5. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Yes, you're right. I hadn't thought about copyright.:eek: