1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

BRACE - Alzheimer's Research

Discussion in 'Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society' started by CraigC, Jan 14, 2016.

1. CraigC

CraigC Registered User

Mar 21, 2003
    London
    #1 CraigC, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Hi All,

A friend of mine is doing a run for http://www.alzheimers-brace.org/
    Has anyone had direct dealings with this charity? If so do you consider them bonafide?

Many thanks
    Craig

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hello Craig

It`s lovely to see you on line again and I hope all is well.

I`ve just looked at the web site and they seem to have everything we need to know there so I sincerely do hope it`s bona fide.

3. CraigC

CraigC Registered User

Mar 21, 2003
    London
    Doh, struggled around looking for the Reply button. Still catches me out.

Thanks for the quick reply Sylvia. Yep plodding along and dodging the slings and arrows still :). Hope you are well too.

I just felt it was odd, not heard of them before and strange to have a separate charity for funding when we already have Alz Society and Alz Research. I think I'll give them a quick call.

Keep smiling
    Craigx

4. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester