Books

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Does anyone know of any good books to read

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Hi Kellie - Ann , sorry bit :confused: do you mean Novel type books ? or am I right in thinking are looking for Information Books about the Illness ? If am correct I started a similar Thread ages ago & its know in the TP black hole ** However can dig it out for you :) if it would help :) Sorry not sure what books were on the list ! ( quite a few ! )

Grove x

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Books the illness coz I would like to learn more about it or any novels that has the illness in

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Books the illness coz I would like to learn more about it or any novels that has the illness in

Hi Kellie Ann .............. My old Thread on this subject is on the main page & have put a message on for you :) Edit ............. Books to help Understand Dementia ( my Thread )

Hope it helps

Grove x

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
It's right to say I do not know my way around TP app but I have found it now
Thank you so much for that

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
It's right to say I do not know my way around TP app but I have found it now
Thank you so much for that

:) to help Kellie Ann ( pretty name ) you are better than me using a iPhone :) If I had a iPhone would not know how to use it ( L O L ) !

Grove x

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
I do end up swearing at it most of the time blaming the phone for not doing what I want it to but it's not down to the phone it's always me who is pressing the wrong things lol

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire

Hi Kellie Ann
Have you thought of a CrISP course - 4 sessions for carers of people living with dementia. Really increased my knowledge about dementia.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
How do I go about doing that course

Sent from my iPhone

Morning Kellie-Ann :)

I think you contact your local Alzheimer's Society - or the helpline - and they should be able to help.

Round here we also have another 5 week course (just 5 sessions of 2 hours) called Confidence to Care. It's for Carers in general, doesn't concentrate on dementia particularly. That one is run by our Carers Group.

Maybe google Carers ***** ( name of your town) and see what you can find?

Lindy xx

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Hi, the CrISP course was flagged up for me at a local memory cafe. In this area it is usually done over 4 sessions on different days / evenings. I did a trial model that was done over 2 days, morning and afternoon sessions on 2 Thursdays. These courses are run by Alzheimer's society but welcome carers of folk living with dementia of any kind. So contact your local Alzheimer's society. The general view from people I have spoken to is that they wish they had done it in the early stages rather than leaving it until a later stage. I certainly found it very useful, informative and supportive. Hope you find something to suit you

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Morning Kellie-Ann :)

I think you contact your local Alzheimer's Society - or the helpline - and they should be able to help.

Round here we also have another 5 week course (just 5 sessions of 2 hours) called Confidence to Care. It's for Carers in general, doesn't concentrate on dementia particularly. That one is run by our Carers Group.

Maybe google Carers ***** ( name of your town) and see what you can find?

Lindy xx

Sorry Lindy I didn't quote your post so you might not realise I responded.