1. abercrb

abercrb New member

Nov 1, 2019
    Hi

My 85 year old mother has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She has always been a very bright and intelligent women and she is keen to understand more about her condition. She asked me for a book she could read to understand more about what to expect and how to cope. Can anyone recommend something appropriate?

Thanks very much

2. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    Hello @abercrb and welcome to DTP
    I personally don’t know of a specific book written for a PWD I’ve attached the link to the Alzheimer’s society’s factsheets and publications maybe you could have a read through some and see if you think any would be useful to your mother
    https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/publications-factsheets
    I hope now you have found us you will continue to post

3. Pacucho

Pacucho Registered User

Dec 20, 2009
    Wembley, Middlesex
    Hi,

A good book for your mother to read is one written by a person living with dementia, Wendy Mitchell, called "Somebody I used to know".
    Hope this helps,

Paco

4. Donkeyshere

Donkeyshere Registered User

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    I've read the same one as Pacuho and it gives you a very good insight into things you would not even think off.

5. abercrb

abercrb New member

Nov 1, 2019
    Thank you all very much for the advice.

6. abercrb

abercrb New member

Nov 1, 2019
    Thank you.