Book Swap Library

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
These are the titles that we have received so far and a big Thank You to all who have so generously donated these books.

'Atlzheimer's Disease - Everything You Need to Know' by Frena Gray-Davidson. Price £5 + £1 P&P.

'Learning to Speak Altzheimer's'. The New Approach to Living Postively with Altzheimer's Disease. by Joanne Koenig Coste.
Price £5 +£1 P&P

'Alzheimer's - Finding the Words' by Harriet Hodgson. A Communication Guide for Those Who Care. Price £5.50 + £1 P&P

A further book is not to do with AD, but still a good buy.

'Growing Old Disgracefully' - New Ideas for Getting the Most Out of Life. Six women giving their views on retirement and ageing.
£5 + £1 P&P

Anyone who would like a book - please send me a PM. First come, first serve. All proceeds to the Altzheimer's Society.

Many thanks,

Jude

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
First Donations

Dear All,

Just to let you know that we've sold 2 books after my post on TP yesterday.

Our library is now reduced by 50%. Please do send more books if you can!!!

Many thanks,

Jude

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Books in Stock Currently

Altzheimer's Disease - Everything you need to Know. Frena Gray-Davidson £5 & £1 p/p.

Growing Old Disgracefully - £5 & £1 p/p.

Carer's Handbook - A Practical Guide to Looking After Ill, Disabled and Elderly People. Authorised Manual of the Voluntary Aid Societies. £4.50 & £1 p/p.

Jude

Last edited:

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
purchasing a book

Is the title, 'Alzheimer's Disease - Everything you need to know' still available? If so, I would like to purchase it if you would let me know how to go about it. Lulu

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Lulu,

Unfortunately the Book Swap only operates when I'm in the UK and I won't be back until early April.

In the meantime, if you'd like to purchase a copy before I get home, then do try Amazon because they usually have quite a good range of AD information.

Jude

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Book for Sale - June 2005

Hi All,

Book Swap is on again. Only a few available I'm afraid. We could do with some donations......

The Carer's Handbook 4.50
Growing Old Disgracefully 5.00
The Selfish Pig's Guide 6.00

Plus a pound each for postage and packing.

Jude

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
hello. Are the two books 'Selfish Pig's Guide' and 'Carers Hanbook' still available please? If so, would it be considered greedy to order the two? Many thanks.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hi Lulu,

Yep, I've still got those and you can very definitely order both. Please send me a PM with your postal address details and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Jude

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Just a thought...

You ever thought about advertising on eBay?

It would be nice to see someone selling something genuine, rather than certain unscrupulous folk...

I was looking at some AD related stuff on there, and the beggars wanted exhorbitant p&p charges.

Now, I am an occasional seller myself on there...

here's an example of my current selling technique:

Dearth's Auction... well, kind of!

I really do hate folk on eBay ripping people off, and this is my way of redressing the balance...

Looking at current stuff on eBay (through typing the word 'Alzheimer's' into the search area) it seems apparent that there are a few copies of the U.S. book 'Alzheimer's For Dummies' going cheap...

Now this says to me that if people are selling it cheap, they are picking the thing up cheap...

And I would ask, if anyone knows who is doing it relatively inexpensively, can they please let me know, as I would very much like to purchase a copy.

(From what I reckon, I think cheap bookshops somewhere might have copies... why else would they suddenly be appearing on eBay).

Many thanks for reading this, and sorry for 'diverting' this thread somewhat.

:)

N.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hi Dearth,

The books in our very small book swap library are donated to me by members of TP. I then advertise them for sale to other members at very reduced prices and the proceeds go to the AS, with cheques sent to me but written out to the AS.

If we advertised on ebay, then I expect we would have to pay commission on the sales which would probably defeat the purpose of the exercise, which is to make AD related books available to members as cheaply as possible as well as raising some money to help the AS.

Best wishes,

Jude

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Jude said:
Hi Dearth,

If we advertised on ebay, then I expect we would have to pay commission on the sales which would probably defeat the purpose of the exercise, which is to make AD related books available to members as cheaply as possible as well as raising some money to help the AS.

You know... I hadn't thought of that... and I have sold on eBay too!

:D

Sorry Jude... I retract me statement in light of that... and thinking about it, at least in here, you know that anything sold will go to people genuinely interested, which would make it more worthwhile.

Best wishes.

:)

N.

P.S. Norman... I have addressed your comment in a seperate new thread: "For Norman: Re - Charity Bands.