Boiler.

jaynethepain

Jan 24, 2022
Its good to see I'm not dealing with a boiler meddler on my own. My dad's boiler is in the back bedroom and iv had a lock fitted on the door. The last time he touched it water was pouring out, hence the lock. I've put the handle back on everyweek since the door was locked 3 months ago. He said he was going to get someone to take the door off. Tomorrow's another day, who knows what it will bring

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
A familiar story! Messing up equipment is just another thing to contend with. You win some, a d lose some. Recently my dad called in a locksmith to change the front door lock. The locksmith unpicked the lock and replaced it. My dad told him he didn't have the key. Actually there were several keys in the house and there was almost certainly nothing wrong with the old lock!!!!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My mum was forever switching off her boiler and then blaming the people in the flat above (she lived in a bungalow) for pinching all the heat and hot water

Felixcat1

Feb 23, 2021
My dad also continually turns his boiler off and it makes the boiler lose pressure. Then he thinks that the boiler is broken or he has forgotten that he turned the boiler off so of course it must be broken ?‍♀️ The same thing is now happening with the toaster, the washing machine the microwave, the tv, the list is endless.

silkiest

Feb 9, 2017
Hi @jaynethepain MIL didn't fiddle with the boiler, but nearly blew it up anyway, as she turned off the valves on every single radiator. There seems to always be something new to check on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart