body temperature

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
Fortunately, we are seeing the Dr tomorrow (6 month check). Mum complains of frequent headaches now, but puts it down to having a cold. She's now had this cold for over a year. This morning, I took her temp to see if there was any fever, but in fact her temp wasn't high enough to register which is equally worrying. Has anyone any thought on body temperatures in AD? I seem to recall others mentioning how a sufferer can feel the cold. Many thanks

Anya

Sep 11, 2005
East Sussex
feeling the cold

HI, interesting thought you have raised. My husband, recently diagnosed wuth VaD has always felt the cold, he gets "white finger" even in a hot country, and is the only man I know who wears leather gloves all the time, even in bed (to read). He suffers from Raynauds, andseems unable to regulate his temperature as he suffers when it's hot as well, and gets dizzy. This has happened for about 30 years, he's 69 now. Even on a hot day he will ned to wear a vest, woolly shirt and a jumper, and I'm in a sleeveless T-shirt. He has normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels.Interesting. Anya

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Jan also suffered from Raynauds in the early stages.

These days she tends to run hot, and I'm continually giving her liquids.

Rosalind

Jul 2, 2005
Wiltshire
My husband certainly feels the cold far more now than he used to. But has dreadful sweats on some nights, even while feeling cold.

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
Mum has these headaches which she puts down to her head cold and says, 'It'll go'. But the 'cold' has now been there for a year and in fact, looking back at the diary I keep (very useful tip I picked up here!), this seems to have coincided with the increase of her Aricept to 10 mgs. At first, I thought it was her making excuses for not wanting to do things and for sure, she does do this. But now I do wonder if it's the Aricept as the headaches are much more frequent and no longer always coincide with events.

She does seem to be feeling the cold much more now (she was always a 'warm' person'), yet often she seems to be perspiring very heavily as well.

We're off to the clinic later. Mum has taken herself back off to bed with headache due to head cold and I've told her she can tell the Dr all about it later on -but she says there is no need to see the Dr. Is it the worry about the appointment? I just can;t tell, but seeing her lying there, having to go through all this is really upsetting me today. And I don't know who worries more about these appointments, because I hate them too! Thanks everyone. When I 've a moment, I'll get some info on Raynauds.