bobs bithday

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
today
the only time he is away from me just lately is monday 3-30 5-30 his art lessons
he has had only 3 but he loves it
when he comes home he is hypa
i had to tell our kids he is not up to going out for a meal when he has finished
it feels like i am treating him like a child
love bel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
No bel, you are not treating him like a child, you are just more aware than he is of the after effects of over stimulation and excitement.

You are just looking out for him.

Happy Birthday Bob

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Bel

You know what is right for Bob better than anyone else, so if you think a meal out would be too much, then go with that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB

Hope you had a good day together Bel.

Love

Cate

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Dear Bel,
Worrying about 'getting it right' seems to be part of the deal for us.
It is so difficult to modify our approach and behaviour towards a husband/ partner/parent as the illness progresses, but I think it is something we have to do in order to keep things going.
Like you, I am my husband's main carer and I know what works and what is likely to cause problems. Therefore, it is up to me to try and make things as easy as possible, and in our case, that means keeping late afternoons and evenings free so that we can stick to our own little routine, because that is when he is most restless, agitated, etc.

But guess what .......... It has taken me a very long time to become more assertive, but I still feel uneasy when I ask family and friends to visit at lunchtime instead of the evening, because I suspect they think I am unfriendly towards them and making a big fuss (after all, they usually see him at lunchtime, when he is far calmer).

So you see: it is easy to tell you not to worry, but to do what you feel is right. It is not so easy to follow my own advice!;)

You are doing a grand job - hope the Birthday was a very happy one. :D

nemesisis

May 25, 2006
bless
tell bob belated birthday wishes and I wish I could paint even my decorating is rubbish xx

jacqueline100

Jun 16, 2007
Hi Bel,

Hope your hubby had a happy birthday and continues to enjoy his art classes. I am relatively new to this but I think everyone does the best they can, and if you feel a meal out is a bad idea then it is.

Have a good day

regards

Jacquie