bobbybingo

bobbybingo

Jul 15, 2015
I have just joined today my husband is in a care home and he has vascular dementia he has had it since he was 61 years old he is 69 now he still has insight to most things he cant dress his self or wash his self he isnt very nice to me . I am having trouble with his care home and want to move him but I have been told by social services I cant move him as they have his care in hand and I am not allowed to move him.Also he was getting funded by chc but they have just stopped his funding because they say he is getting better I didnt know you could get better from this terrible illness .I am at my witts end thinking what I can do next.:(

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Sorry to read your post, bobbybingo. This must be devastating for you. Is your husband's home both residential and nursing? I'm afraid I don't know the legal ins and outs of this with you wishing to change homes. Are SS are paying his fees? If not then I think you can change whenever you want to but if they are it might be more difficult. You should meet with them and tell them your concerns as there could be problems that they are not aware of. I'm sure someone will be along with more helpful advice, particularly re the chc funding. I wasn't aware until recently that they could withdraw this and am beginning to get a bit worried about what the crireria are. As you say, unfortunately people don't get better from this horrible disease. Will be thinking of you.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi bobbybingo, welcome to TP
I read your name as "boobybingo" and thought what a great game that sounded like, I really have to go to specsavers:D
I'm not too sure what the issue is with the current care home and why you want to move him, if there's some legitimate concern about the care he's being given or you just don't like the place/location or what.
As for the stopping of the CHC I think you'll find a lot of stories about miraculous recoveries in AZ patients since the last round of cuts not that I'm implying any connection in any way.
Sorry to hear it's not going well for you.
K

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
The main criteria for the care home is that it has to 'meet his needs' this includes you being able to get there to visit, and all his personal and medical needs. If you can put together a document which sets out why his needs are not being met you might stand a better chance of getting him moved. Good luck x

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I have just joined today my husband is in a care home and he has vascular dementia he has had it since he was 61 years old he is 69 now he still has insight to most things he cant dress his self or wash his self he isnt very nice to me . I am having trouble with his care home and want to move him but I have been told by social services I cant move him as they have his care in hand and I am not allowed to move him.Also he was getting funded by chc but they have just stopped his funding because they say he is getting better I didnt know you could get better from this terrible illness .I am at my witts end thinking what I can do next.:(

I know what being at wits end feels like, bobbybingo. I've had a few years experience myself. Thank God, I've come to the point, now where people have stepped up to the plate to help.

I don't know where your SW works from. I would imagine doing a bit of your own research, or talking with Alzheimers Society might be a good place to start; or even take your concerns to Citizens Advice.

Take nothing by word of mouth only; get your concerns down in writing and all info returned from whoever you go to, also in writing. It'll only serve to help you as more time goes by. whilst you're working through this problem.

Talk about what troubles you and get all the advice you can.

From what I've learned over a very long time: there's getting fobbed off, and there's getting the truth. Truth takes a bit of time to dig for, but dig, you ought. Do try C.A.B. I hear they are good. If you've got CHC, you really don't want to lose that.