Board technical problems

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Do we have any idea when this will be fixed - it seems like the board is going up and down like a yo yo!

Jennifer
(who fully expects that she'll have to try several times to post this!)

Just ignore this question - thinking about it I'd rather the people that knew the answer were working on the problem!

Last edited:

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Ah but for how long?! That is the question. Come on, post quick whilst you can!!
Helen

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Back on line!............wey....hey!
I've been trying since yesterday....................I was beginning to think they had forgot to pay the bill!

Alex x

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Cheers!!

..for the IT staff, Nada, and everyone behind the scenes of the web site and Talking Point. x

Attachments

• tearoompint.jpg
    tearoompint.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 525

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Nada said:
The problem is that as a charity spending loads of money on an IT infrastructure might be seen as a waste of money.

Surely the IT infrastructure is only a means to support the lifeline and information source to people who access/use the website / not to mention TP? What price on that?

Hey, I'm all for quill pens and carrier pigeons ...(especially when the server goes down at work!!!) but they have their place!:D

I've found 'Carer's Groups' I'm invited to attend - but they run at times just don't suit ..... to have a 24/7 resource available - and specifically dementia-related is unbelievable...... (even if that's just to have a rant when I'm sleepless, knowing someone will 'listen' in the morning - or someone, somewhere in the world is either on-line in a different time zone, or just plain sleepless, like me.....)

Wonder what the cost is to 'run' those groups? The groups that many TP members can't (for different reasons) access..... this is priceless......

Much love... and hope the IT team are getting some sleep tonight!

Love, Karen (TF), x

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi

Just wanted to second what Karen has said..........................its an on-line life-line, thats got to be worth a huge amount to those coping with A.D. on a daily basis!

I would have thought that the carers and sufferers of AD are the infrastructure to the Alzheimers Society and i can't see that support as a waste of money!

Kind regards
Alex

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s Brilliant

Thank you, thank you to whoever is responsible for speeding up the Discussion Board. It`s a pleasure to use.
Sylvia

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Sylvia

as far as I know, nothing has been done yet, so it may just be happenstance, or Saturday morning or something.... I have had problems on the administrator part of the board this morning already.

The plan was for them to be doing the work today, so TP may go down sporadically during the day, or even for longer periods today.

I'm not part of the IT brigade at AS so have no more knowledge than you, at present!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well Brucie, I can`t believe nothing`s been done. The gremlins have certainly gone from my neck of the woods anyway. It`s never been so efficient. Hope it can be sorted for everyone, it makes it so much easier. Regards Sylvia

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orange77