Blue Peter's John Noakes Goes Missing In Spain

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I do hope he's is found safe......but I find this story incredible. Not that Noakes has AZ nor that he lives in Spain........but how in the blazes can John Noakes be 81:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hope you are home soon, old man.x.

Last edited:

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Hope he is found soon. Blue Peter, John Noakes and Shep all a big part of my childhood.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I hope he's found soon. I have many happy memories of John Noakes, starting with the baby elephant!

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Poor chap, seemingly lost in a country where he doen't speak the language and its the hottest day of the year.

Lets keep fingers crossed this doesn't end badly.

nbelievable that he is 81

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
I do hope he's is found safe......but I find this story incredible. Not that Noakes has AZ nor that he lives in Spain........but how in the blazes can John Noakes be 81:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Home you are home soon old man.x.

Do you know that was my first thought too....he can't possibly be 81. Poor man, dreadful worry for his wife. Hope he is found quickly.

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
The Facebook page of his local council in Spain says he has now been found -

Ajuntament d'Andratx
11 mins ·
It is reported that it has been located to the person missing. Is in stable condition and has been taken to the hospital for a recognition general. Thank you very much.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Makes me 47 too :(

He was such a big part of my childhood. Mum thought it was a fab programme and so we watched it with her when we were small.

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
This piece is reproduced in today's Guardian but for some reason they have omitted hte paragraph about him having Alzheimer's. I am not sure why they have done so

H20

Jan 31, 2010
This piece is reproduced in today's Guardian but for some reason they have omitted hte paragraph about him having Alzheimer's. I am not sure why they have done so

I think it's because his wife did not want anyone to know he had Alzheimers :( ...if this is true then it's a shame she feels she has to hide it away...:(

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006

You mean the story from the guardian link above? It mentions that he has Alzheimer's disease throughout the story. :confused:

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
You mean the story from the guardian link above? It mentions that he has Alzheimer's disease throughout the story. :confused:

I think the link to the Guardian was the 30th June saying he had Alzheimer's. The second report was yesterday 1st July and that made no reference to Alzheimers. I think that is what was meant. There is no link to the second report in the Guardian.

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
Sorry not to have been clearer. I was trying to say that the story in the printed (rather than online) version of the story omitted to mention Alzheimers

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResearchGal1