Blue badge

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Hello
Has anyone had any successful applications for Blue badges? If so what did you give as reasons for applying? Non of the questions on the application form seem to fit A D.

I feel as if we require one, as Margaret walks very slowly and I dare not drop her off and go and park the car. Because slow or not by the time I returned she would have vanished. I once left her sat on a seat in a York store while I went into a toilet, and didn't see her again until five and a half hours later when the police found her five miles away in Askam Brian.
She is also quite likely to wander into traffic if left by herself, or go into a shop and pick up something and be arrested for shoplifting.

I think she has trouble with spacial awareness makes her wallk so slowly because as far as we know she has no physical problems with her legs.

Cheers
barraf

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Barraff
you have more or less answered your own questions.
I applied and was successful -reasons
:Cannot leave Margaret alone whilst you park the car,she would wander off.
Need to park near to shops etc Margaret cannot walk far due to her gait caused by Altzheimer's .
That should be enough,let us know how you get
Norman

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Hello

Small success, our application for a Blue Badge has been approved and the badge arrived this morning. Even the small amount of help this will give is something to be thankfull for.

It's amazing how a little success like that can brighten your day, even though Margaret is still only talking to me in a derogatory manner and in disparaging tones,the day seem so much better than yesterday.

Thanks to all who replied to my original post and special thanks to Norman who pointed me in the right direction.

As the questions on the application form do not appear to cover Alzheimer's I wrote an explanatory letter to incluce with the form, and it appears to have done the trick.

Cheers Barraf

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Barraf
so glad you got your badge.
At our local Asda there is now a designated area for Blue badges,drive up,press the button,hold up your blue badge and a voice says "Thank you" the barrier comes up and in you go.
Such easy parking now and so near to the shops.
To complete the day we can now use our Rada toilet key,
cheers
Norman