Blue badge

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
I applied for a blue badge for my wife,about 3 weks ago.
I stated that her walking was now affected by her AD.
Also I could not leave her alone whilst I parked the car.
Approval was given on the 9th June
I have posted this message because I recall some of our talking point members were refused a badge.
regards
Norman

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
We collected our blue badge today,all went very smoothly,but it states"the badge must be collected in person".
A m I stupid ,or can someone tell me how could a person unable to walk at all collect a badge?
good luck
Norman

Margarhett

Apr 30, 2004
Manchester
I'm pleased you have your blue badge, you will now see all the selfish people there are, able-bodied people often take up the spaces and I have found that I have to get somewhere very early in order to use the spaces, and before they are taken up by the selfish.
Complain if the spaces are taken up.
I am about to start a campaign to get the govenment to make it an offence to park in disabled spaces if you don't have a blue badge.

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
How true - when we lost Dad we dutifully returned his badge even though Mum isn't wonderful on her feet. But we always notice the people in the spaces who are visiting the cash dispenser and can't be bothered to find another space. I thought about applying for Aunty but we will see how we get on when we take her out of the home for the first time next week. If it goes well then it may be worth doing so we could take her further afield.

Kriss

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Can you please let me know what these blue badges are and how I might obtain one for my parents? I also would like to get a disabled sticker and a toilet key for them. Any ideas.

Many thanks Judd

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Jude
blue badges (they used to be orange)give parking concessions for people with disabilities.
They are issued by your local council,your local council should have a web site and they may provide electronic forms to apply for a blue badge.
When you get approval the badge can be obtained from certain post offices
good luck
Norman

Helen_old

Dec 29, 2003
WALES
Hi Jude,

Firstly welcome back to the forum. The key you refer to is a radar key & is available from their website at http://www.radar.org.uk I think it costs about £3.50 but you can also buy a guide listing the location of all toilets.

Hope this helps

Take care

Helen

-------

Moderator Note: Hi Helen, hope you don't mind, just edited the link to the radar key website as the link was broken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
well done Jude,we went to park today and use our badge,first time ,guess what there were no spaces free!!!
Did someone say there was a law being passed to make it illegal to park on disabled spaces
Day to day
Norman

Last edited:

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
How about we all have "post it" notes that we could leave on the windscreens of those "illegally" parking in the disable bays.
Just leave a polite note suggesting that they have taken up the place of a disabled person.
there will be some who screw the message up and chuck it in the road but others who may take the message on board.
Snuffy

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
I think you are right in saying mostly the notes would be thrown in the road,I think also with some of the people we meet these days you would be laying yourself open to abuse.
Our supermarket that we use mostly has just been enlarged and it my intention to contact the centre manager and ask about the disabled parking policy.
There are what seems dozens of security people walking about so they have the resources to police the site.

Norman

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
hello
just read this excellent post about blue badges as I think Dad should get one for him as he does take mum out when they can.
but something I thought I would suggest, is to take copies of the BBC article that NADA referred to and simply keep some in your car and place one under the wiper of any car you see in a bay that shouldnt be. It's a well written piece and might make people think. Of course there will always be the morons who will do nothing more than screw it up and chuck it on the floor, these people are beyond our help and will hopefully be struck down by something vile and nasty in due course

Please do not stick anything on someone's car, this will put you in the wrong as it will constitue criminal damange and you may get in trouble.....I know that is unfair but that is the law and we all know that the law is an ass. Just dont want anyone getting into trouble fighting injustice and common sense.

Thanks for the info again
hope you having a good day
TED