Blue Badge Renewal

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Hi All,
Mum's blue badge is due to run out on Nov 15th. When should I apply for her new one.
Thanks
Sonia x
I had an email today reminding me that my Mom's expires in October this was what they said........

"The Blue Badge that you currently hold will expire on 17-OCT-2015. You must not use the badge after that date and will be liable for fines and other enforcement action if you do. The expired badge should either be handed in or cut up and returned to the address below.

If you would like to apply for a new badge, you can either apply online at www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge or you can contact us using the details below for an alternative way of applying.

Please note that, depending on the criteria under which you are applying, you may be asked to undergo an independent mobility assessment. You should apply in good time before your old badge expires to allow sufficient time for us to deal with your application and to order a new badge from the Blue Badge Improvement Service."

Hope that helps,:)

babystar

Apr 10, 2013
Can you get your blue badge renewed if you've moved into a care home? Mum's badge expires soon and she's now in a home but her mobility is the same we still take her out in the car.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Can you get your blue badge renewed if you've moved into a care home? Mum's badge expires soon and she's now in a home but her mobility is the same we still take her out in the car.

I don't know, but I don't see why not, although the care home may well have badges you can borrow. My mother never had her own blue badge but the CH had their own, which I borrowed when necessary as she became less and less mobile.