Blood in catheter night bag

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
what a dreadful evening for you but at least you have some medication and the chance for it to start working overnight. Hope it clears the infection quickly and the District nurse can come out today for the Catheter.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Slept like a log and OH is still asleep, although I will have to get him up soon as he has a carer coming to help him wash/dress. Have managed to get through to the district nurses as they will have to change his catheter either tomorrow or Wednesday

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Slept like a log and OH is still asleep, although I will have to get him up soon as he has a carer coming to help him wash/dress. Have managed to get through to the district nurses as they will have to change his catheter either tomorrow or Wednesday
Just caught up with your thread
Sending love xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Well here we go again.

OHs temperature spiked at 39.9 and he was shaking, twitching and was going quite stiff - just the things that the out-of-hours GP warned me to watch out for. So I dialed 999 and he is now in hospital on IV antibiotics and much more confused.

Tomorrow (actually, today now) I will have to cancel the district nurse and check to make sure that the hospital have got OHs meds correct this time.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh no, sorry to hear things got worse instead of better x hope the iv antibiotics start working soon and confusion decreases (x)

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thank you for all your good wishes. Im hoping that this time there wont be the confusion over his meds and he will recover quickly. At least everything is in place for when he comes home.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi Canary,
You are always there for me with support and advice so I just wanted to say I hope all goes well for you and hubby and that he is home again soon.
Dad has had a permanent Catheter for over two years now and we have had to have dad go on antibiotics a few times for UTI's.
Fortunately dad has only been admitted to hospital once and it was then that his catheter was originally fitted due to a UTI and kidney problem.
We do think that sometimes dad has probably caused a little bleeding as has most likely caught or tugged the tubing if in doubt we always get the GP to do a urine test.
Dad hates taking any extra pills so we usually end up spending the next few days having to remind him they are necessary to help him get better.
Sending Hugs X

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Sorry to read this. I do hope that the meds issue doesn't arise again.

I checked mum's meds over 2 weeks into her hospital stay. There were some minor changes which were clearly explained. But we shouldn't have to check in case they haven't got it right.

And GP didn't get it right on her first repeat prescription from hospital:mad:

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Oh @canary you must be completely exhausted. I honestly don't know how you keep going. I hope they keep him in hospital long enough for you to draw breath and get some rest.

I've been following your threads for years (makes me sound like a flippin' stalker!) and you have had such a dreadful, dreadful time. I do admire your resilience - please take care.