blister

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
Hi

Amy, the blister under her heel I think is a pressure sore and the one on top of her other foot they say was from her shoes. Its hot in there so her feet have probably swelled and caused the shoe to rub. I can't fault their care as they sent for the district nurse as soon as they saw it and she comes in every other day to dress them. But now she has to be wheelchaired about to save pressure will she get back to walking?

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
How long do they anticipate her being off her feet? Is she in pain when she tries to stand, if not wearing shoes? Is your gut feeling that they are doing the right thing by using the chair all the times, or could your sister manage to walk a little?
Love Helen

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
went to see her this morning and she still has dressings on but her key worker isn't worried about her walking again. she says she stands up to go to the toilet and can't see aproblem. She looked very well cared for today so i was happier for her being there. goes to sleep alot but then I suppose she did at our house. Nice place to visit very welcoming.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Pammy

Glad things are looking a bit better this morning. It's good that your sister is able to stand, and comforting for you that she is in such a nice place.

Love,

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
That's great Pammy.
Constant activity around her may also make her more tired too.
Love Helen