blank angry look

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
I have caught my partner a few times just staring down at floor with very angry strange look as though he has gone to a dark place when i say is he ok he mumbles a vague answer sits there and then five mins later seems ok the look on his face is scarey one i have never seen before has any one had similar with their partner ?

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Yes, I used to know that look. It meant I better keep my distance, and if possible, keep a chair or table between us! I think for my husband, part of it was the frustration of not being able to communicate what was bothering him.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I have caught my partner a few times just staring down at floor with very angry strange look as though he has gone to a dark place when i say is he ok he mumbles a vague answer sits there and then five mins later seems ok the look on his face is scarey one i have never seen before has any one had similar with their partner ?

Hi you're not alone my dad has that kind of look and also a blank lost look xx

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
I too have had this, sometimes accompanied by a growl. If I talk to him gently and try to take his hand to reassure him I am rewarded by him shouting "go away" but gripping my hand so tightly I cannot get away. He is obviously very distressed and frightened and in a very uncomfortable place and it is heartbreaking to be unable to comfort him. When he comes out of it he seems aware he has hurt me and makes kissing noises. These episodes got worse and worse until his consultant suggested a low dose of respiradone of 1 mg daily. with this the behaviour has disappeared and he is much happier.
Tre