Bittersweet, but a victory for my Dad!

leedsfan

Apr 1, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have thought long and hard about how to word this. So here goes.

After a resolution Meeting with the local CCG, regarding their refusal for CHC funding for my Dad, dated from the original DST back in Dec 2013, I received a phone call from the appeals team one week later, just before this Christmas, to say they had reviewed Dads case and with the evidence I had supplied, they agreed that Dad should have been eligilble for funding from last year.

Today I got it in black and white. I have read it a hundred times. I wept after their initial phone call and I wept again today. I have never shed such tears. They are not of joy or sadness, perhaps relief, I just don't know. Dad will get every penny back from Oct 2013 to now.

I hesitated before jumping on here to share my news, but I want to tell you now, it CAN be done, if you believe you have a true case and you hold your nerve. I am lucky, I had the time to pour over everything. Having said that there were times when I nearly gave up as it was killing me and having the most awful effect on the rest of the family.

Was it worth it? Bl**dy Hell YES! I know my Dad would be so proud, if only he knew.

Thank you to all who have supported me, and thanks to everyone for posting their own experiences, it helped me so much.

My turn to help now, if I can.

Kindest regards Jane.

Last edited:

geum123

May 20, 2009
Well done Jane.:):):)

I know exactly that feeling.
Your Dad would be really proud.
xxx

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Bittersweet indeed, Jane.

Your Dad would be pleased but I suspect, not surprised, that you followed it through to the end.

Rotten that you had to exhaust yourself and push yourself to the limit as hard as you did when you were caring for him but you got justice for him.
Well done...now...BREATH! :) xxx