Bit of an update

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Wendy, how do you manage to stay so good-humoured???? :) You're a star!

Do we take it from this that mum's recovering quite well from the surgery?

Love to you both!

Karen, x

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi karen

oh yes.....mum is recovering very well indeed:rolleyes:
I spoke to mums social worker after I'd spoken to the hospital........He made the comment "well she's literally fighting fit!!!"

I'm afraid I'll have to give her a good talking to this afternoon.........but honestly....mum would be horrified at her own behaviour if she realised what she was up to........

I try and keep good humoured ,Karen!!!!......I suppose I'd rather have mum like this than completely knocked out by the op.........Last night she thought she was "upper class".....and the nurses were her servants:eek:
Oh dear..........................;)

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Margarita
I must say its harder than I ever imagined......it really takes me back to when the kids were toddlers!!! If I put anything down....it disappears.....if I leave anything out.....it disappears......
as for drinking and eating....mum would not be able ...or wouldn't even think to keep her fluids up....or have some food.......
Its hard.....but its soo good to be able to share our problems on TP:)

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Hello Wendy

I'm in the "broke a hip this week club" too (see my "Oh Dear" post)!

Have you been given any indication as to how long before your Mum is released?

Kriss

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
X Ray Results

Hiya Wendy

Sadly it's a fact of life that you are usually in the hands of some very junior SHO in A & E who's ink is not dry on the ruddy certificate!!!

They are supossed to show any films to the Consultant, or if its after 5:00 (!) and they have gone home in their Aston Martin, to the Registrar, I would suggest that this did not happen, and the break was discovered when the films were sent for full reporting by a Radiologist.

Not good enough................ not by far................. mum must have been in terrible pain..........

I would make sure that heads would roll,............... unless we............ the public.......... complain, and keep complaining............. these terrible mistakes will continue.

I would go to the top, threaten to sue, you watch them jump through ruddy hoops then................. It makes me soooooo mad.

Sorry to rant, its a bit of a hot potatoe for me, as someone who works within the NHS I see all sorts of things that just should not happen.

I really hope you have a worry free Christmas and enjoy yourself.

Love
Cate xx