bit down today

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have this feeling of feeling down and tearful not unusual these days. put some music on to lift the mood but obviously put on the wrong one as it our song my husbands and mine sharnia twain you are still the one.it was our wedding anniversary on wednesday 31 yrs and there were no cards as he extremely vulnerable he couldnt get one. and im losing little bits of him every day. i dont want to even think of next years anniversary. it would make me cry.i usually discipline myself to look to the day but its hard not to think of the future and what will happen but i cant know that so a bit self-defeating.just having one of those days and i feel supported on here to be able to say it

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
i have this feeling of feeling down and tearful not unusual these days. put some music on to lift the mood but obviously put on the wrong one as it our song my husbands and mine sharnia twain you are still the one.it was our wedding anniversary on wednesday 31 yrs and there were no cards as he extremely vulnerable he couldnt get one. and im losing little bits of him every day. i dont want to even think of next years anniversary. it would make me cry.i usually discipline myself to look to the day but its hard not to think of the future and what will happen but i cant know that so a bit self-defeating.just having one of those days and i feel supported on here to be able to say it
Some days bring memories and unavoidable comparisons between the past happiness (or at least serenity) and the present concerns.
It is difficult not to think of the future, above all in the current situation, which is so difficult both at personal and collective levels
(([((hugs)))))

Vic10

Feb 18, 2017
Know just how you feel, strange how these feeling come and go, some days we cope, some days we are not so strong.
Sending (((((hugs)))) hope you are feeling better

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I remember having reflective and tearful times like this too @jennifer1967, usually at times when I was feeling especially cut off from the outside world - which I am sure many carers are feeling in the current strange times

I also remember how music could be so emotive because of the memories it brought from a time before dementia entered our lives.

Be gentle on yourself - I found that times of quiet reflection and acknowledging my emotions was part of the healing and strengthening process which helped me to carry on.

Some music can be just too powerful though, it's not quite 2 years since amy husband passed away and there are still some 'favourite ' cds of ours that I can't sit down to listen to - although somehow I manage when one of those songs is randomly played on the radio.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thank you all he deid know it was our anniversary but because he has copd he couldnt go out for a card but next year he may have progressed and forgot. he has just allowed me to have my music on in the morning he likes country and western which is not the most cheerful so the next time i put on some disco and do a john travolta

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orange77