Birthday

tiggs72

Jul 15, 2013
My dad has forgotten its my birthday today - never has a year gone by when he hasn't made a big fuss!

He doesn't even know what day of the week it is today - sad times.

Of all the cards and presents I've had nothing would have been nicer than to have my old dad back.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm sorry, Tiggs, it's really hard, isn't it?

When it was my mam's birthday last month, she was totally unaware. In fact I only managed to spend about 30 seconds in her company - with flowers and choccies that she showed no interest in - before she told me to get out, only not as politely as that. It's heart breaking. October sees their 50th wedding anniversary but I doubt things will be any different on that day either.

I hope you still manage to have a good birthday today x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Oh Tiggs , Am so sorry your Dad has forgotten your Birthday sorry am not sure what to say ( my Dad has Dementia ) except to say how sad it is ( the Illness I mean & the change it brings for your Dad )

Happy Birthday from me & how lovely to find another T P'er who shares the same Birthday :) with me

Much Love & Comforting Hugs

Love Grove x

tiggs72

Jul 15, 2013
I'm sorry, Tiggs, it's really hard, isn't it?

When it was my mam's birthday last month, she was totally unaware. In fact I only managed to spend about 30 seconds in her company - with flowers and choccies that she showed no interest in - before she told me to get out, only not as politely as that. It's heart breaking. October sees their 50th wedding anniversary but I doubt things will be any different on that day either.

I hope you still manage to have a good birthday today x

Thanks college girl. It's a hard and cruel disease for all those involved . I am lucky that dad hasn't turned as your mum has - I really feel for you x

tiggs72

Jul 15, 2013
Oh Tiggs , Am so sorry your Dad has forgotten your Birthday sorry am not sure what to say ( my Dad has Dementia ) except to say how sad it is ( the Illness I mean & the change it brings for your Dad )

Happy Birthday from me & how lovely to find another T P'er who shares the same Birthday :) with me

Much Love & Comforting Hugs

Love Grove x

Happy birthday to you too Grove - have a very special day x

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
That's a tough one isn't it? My birthday last year was a big one (50 :eek::eek::eek::eek:) and dad had no idea. Not even what month/year it was probably ....

I remember reading the card which mum got me 'from mum and dad' and thinking that it was really only from mum .... I'm not sure if it becomes easier or not as I haven't reached the next one yet!

I tried to soften the hard reality by thinking of all the happy birthdays I'd had in years gone by and remembering the good times - which worked to some extent, I guess

Anyway - Happy Birthday from me!

Attachments

• birthday.jpg
    birthday.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 393

tiggs72

Jul 15, 2013
That's a tough one isn't it? My birthday last year was a big one (50 :eek::eek::eek::eek:) and dad had no idea. Not even what month/year it was probably ....

I remember reading the card which mum got me 'from mum and dad' and thinking that it was really only from mum .... I'm not sure if it becomes easier or not as I haven't reached the next one yet!

I tried to soften the hard reality by thinking of all the happy birthdays I'd had in years gone by and remembering the good times - which worked to some extent, I guess

Anyway - Happy Birthday from me!

Thanks - that's what I'm trying to do today is remember all the good birthdays x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sorry Tiggs

Special days are bitter sweet when dementia is involved. In March when it was my birthday I was opening my presents and my husband couldn't comprehend what was happening let alone having bought a present/card.All he did was tear up the wrapping paper and make one huge mess.

It's heartbreaking.

Happy birthday anyway.

Take care

Lyn T

miniladyuk

Aug 29, 2012
It's so hard isn't it?
It's my dad's 80th on Monday but I wonder how much he will understand...he's already got a couple of cards with "80" on and thinks people are having a joke with him...days like that are hard :(
Happy Birthday from me anyway xx

tiggs72

Jul 15, 2013
Sorry Tiggs

Special days are bitter sweet when dementia is involved. In March when it was my birthday I was opening my presents and my husband couldn't comprehend what was happening let alone having bought a present/card.All he did was tear up the wrapping paper and make one huge mess.

It's heartbreaking.

Happy birthday anyway.

Take care

Lyn T

Thanks lyn - I'm making the most of the other special people around me and knowing that old dad would be happy for me today x

tiggs72

Jul 15, 2013
It's so hard isn't it?
It's my dad's 80th on Monday but I wonder how much he will understand...he's already got a couple of cards with "80" on and thinks people are having a joke with him...days like that are hard :(
Happy Birthday from me anyway xx

Thanks miniladyuk and happy birthday to yr dad - it's is hard but we love them all the more x

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
It's horrible isnt it
My mum didnt know anyones birthday inc her own, so know how it feels

Love and ((((((HUGS))))))to you

Wishing you a happier Birthday
birthday.jpg

Pennie

Jun 16, 2013
Somerset
Sorry, I can't do pretty pictures here, yet! :)

But a great BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to Tiggs and Grove

Try and spoil yourselves
xx

tiggs72

Jul 15, 2013
Sorry, I can't do pretty pictures here, yet! :)

But a great BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to Tiggs and Grove

Try and spoil yourselves
xx

Thanks Pennie - it's been hard but good too. I know he would have been happy for me today x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Tiggs , Glad you were taken out for a Meal & you were able to talk about your Dad when he had his better days , hope you both had a lovely enjoyable Meal :) Pleased your Birthday had a nice ending

( As mine was had a very tasty Vigge Pasta am sure the Pasta they used was the fresh type ! )

Love Grove x x

cheryl k

Sep 9, 2012
Happy Birthday Tiggs Remember the good times when your Dad remembered your birthday. That is what I did this year, it was the first time my Dad did not remember my birthday either. This disease is so very very cruel and totally heartbreaking. Many more birthdays. Cheryl

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar