Birthday present

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
It's my birthday today, and as I mentioned in a previous thread, it's the first year John hasn't been able to buy me a present or card. The family came down on Saturday and took us out for a meal (lovely), but John was upset that they were giving me cards and presents, and he hadn't got anything.

Anyway, I sat down with him at my computer yesterday and he chose a photograph from our files and I made a card. With great difficulty he managed to copy his name as a signature. Then I told him he had to give it to me this morning and say 'Happy birthday, Darling'

This morning, he remembered the card (but not where he had put it!) When he gave me it I said, 'What are you going to say to me?' He looked puzzled for a minute, then just as I was going to prompt him, he said 'You're nice'

That's the best birthday present ever!!!

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Happy Birthday Hazel - and of course, John's absolutely right!

Attachments

• Congratulations rose.gif
    Congratulations rose.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 346

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Happy birthday Hazel

I think that has got to be the nicest present anyone can have from someone suffering from AD...........enjoy your birthday!

Love Alex x

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
treasure that card hazel ,the most precious item i have is the last card my husband struggled to write out for me ,quite a simple little card but it means more to me than all the elaborate cards of the past ,ANGELA.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Happy Birthday Hazel. It really is true `it`s the thought that counts` What a genuine statement your husband made. Savour it.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I've had a lovely day, and I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I had our Crossroads lady this afternoon, and she asked about the cards. So while I was out she took John out to buy me a box of chocolates as a surprise. People are so kind.

But as you all said, the best present was what John said this morning, and his efforts to sign the card. I've had such a warm feeling today, and I shall treasure the memory. Who knows what next year will bring.

I feel good.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I am also late I came in from the back door from a link in the poem thread, lovely poem that skye done

Happy deleted birthday and what lovely touching story thanks for shreing :)

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
another belated happy birthday
glad you enjoyed the day

Last edited: