1. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    It's my birthday today, and as I mentioned in a previous thread, it's the first year John hasn't been able to buy me a present or card. The family came down on Saturday and took us out for a meal (lovely), but John was upset that they were giving me cards and presents, and he hadn't got anything.

Anyway, I sat down with him at my computer yesterday and he chose a photograph from our files and I made a card. With great difficulty he managed to copy his name as a signature. Then I told him he had to give it to me this morning and say 'Happy birthday, Darling'

This morning, he remembered the card (but not where he had put it!) When he gave me it I said, 'What are you going to say to me?' He looked puzzled for a minute, then just as I was going to prompt him, he said 'You're nice'

That's the best birthday present ever!!!

2. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Happy Birthday Hazel - and of course, John's absolutely right!

Attached Files:

3. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    A very touching post, Skye. Very Best Wishes on Your Birthday.
    Beckyjan

4. alex

alex Registered User

Apr 10, 2006
    Happy birthday Hazel

I think that has got to be the nicest present anyone can have from someone suffering from AD...........enjoy your birthday!

Love Alex x

5. Nutty Nan

Nutty Nan Registered User

Nov 2, 2003
    Buckinghamshire
    Who needs cards .....................
    I hope you've had a really enjoyable birthday - many happy returns!!

6. angela.robinson

angela.robinson Registered User

Dec 27, 2004
    treasure that card hazel ,the most precious item i have is the last card my husband struggled to write out for me ,quite a simple little card but it means more to me than all the elaborate cards of the past ,ANGELA.

7. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Happy Birthday Hazel. It really is true `it`s the thought that counts` What a genuine statement your husband made. Savour it.

8. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I've had a lovely day, and I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I had our Crossroads lady this afternoon, and she asked about the cards. So while I was out she took John out to buy me a box of chocolates as a surprise. People are so kind.

But as you all said, the best present was what John said this morning, and his efforts to sign the card. I've had such a warm feeling today, and I shall treasure the memory. Who knows what next year will bring.

I feel good.

9. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    It's a bit late, but may I add my birthday wishes Hazel.

Treasure your memories.

10. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    I am also late I came in from the back door from a link in the poem thread, lovely poem that skye done

Happy deleted birthday and what lovely touching story thanks for shreing :)

11. dmc

dmc Registered User

Mar 13, 2006
    #11 dmc, Oct 31, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
    another belated happy birthday
    glad you enjoyed the day

12. janjan

janjan Registered User

Jan 27, 2006
    Birmingham
    Happy belated birthday Hazel...Best wishes.:D