Birthday cards

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
A strange thought came to me in the middle of the night.
As I always reminded the OH PWD about his 7 siblings birthdays cards which I bought and made sure he wrote , cards which I then remembered to post on time ...
As we hardly see any of them even though 5 live in at least a 20 mile radius. ( not seen any since May) Plus 2 abroad .
Can I be forgiven for forgetting this years .... it's not at the very top of my to do list ..
I now have a million other items to remember and do .
It's not as if OH would ever know he had not sent them a card and if I am been honest only 3 remembered to send him 1 this year
Or am I really awful?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
A strange thought came to me in the middle of the night.
As I always reminded the OH PWD about his 7 siblings birthdays cards which I bought and made sure he wrote , cards which I then remembered to post on time ...
As we hardly see any of them even though 5 live in at least a 20 mile radius. ( not seen any since May) Plus 2 abroad .
Can I be forgiven for forgetting this years .... it's not at the very top of my to do list ..
I now have a million other items to remember and do .
It's not as if OH would ever know he had not sent them a card and if I am been honest only 3 remembered to send him 1 this year
Or am I really awful?
I’ve been tempted to do this for past two or three years @lilypat and for very similar reasons. 2 years ago I missed one of my granddaughters who is in her early 30s and from whom I have never had a card of any sort. The result was that her dad, my son, phoned me up to ask had I just forgotten as I had never missed her before, amazing! Still never got me a card though.

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi @Agzy . Thanks I may just see what happens. I too never received any cards last year on mine . I think when your in our position forgetting to send a few cards is the least of our problems.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My dad asked me not to let him forget cards so I honoured his wishes until last year when he was so ill and I was so stressed that I just decided not to.
Most of the recipients were adults and, even if I asked, one of my siblings didn’t offer to help out with my dad. He was always too busy enjoying himself. The other was reluctant but gave me occasional respite.

Neither commented on the lack of cards - probably daren't incase I asked for help! My daughters, who did help occasionally, thought it was pointless keeping up the pretence anyway.

Last edited:

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
I have cut right back on sending cards. The postage is so expensive. I make sure I send cards to close family and people who send to me and OH. In fact OH gets more cards than me and he never sent one in his life. Younger people do not seem too worried about cards as they use social media.

OH loves the cards that are sent and keeps them on his coffee table and often reads them and shows them to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976