1. Cheesecake4242

Cheesecake4242 Registered User

Apr 9, 2013
    I am going to start a Bingo session at my MIL's Sheltered Housing complex. She, along with a few others, have moderate dementia. I need to purchase the equipment and am not sure whether to buy tickets and dabbers or buy shutterboards. Any thoughts?

2. Witzend

Witzend Registered User

Aug 29, 2007
    SW London
    I don't know about 'standard' bingo, but thought I'd just mention the Musical Bingo they play at my mother's CH. It comes with a CD of very well known old songs/hymn tunes etc. with the titles on their 'card' . Seems to go down v well - they all have dementia, mostly past the early stages.

3. Cheesecake4242

Apr 9, 2013
    Thanks for that, sounds interesting!

4. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    They also play musical bingo at OHs daycare. Don't know which system they use, though He's never complained!

5. MERENAME

MERENAME Registered User

Jun 4, 2013
    scotland
    #5 MERENAME, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  6. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    They use the shutter cards at my mother's nursing home, if that helps you.

7. Moonflower

Moonflower Registered User

Mar 28, 2012
    At my mum's home they use big laminated wipeable bingo cards

8. henfenywfach

henfenywfach Registered User

May 23, 2013
    rct
    Hi!

Just a few thoughts on bingo!

I take my dad to alzheimers craft group every week!..at the end they play propper bingo..with tickets and pens or dabbers..the whole group are at varying stages..and even if they need help or just keep an eye now and again...they love it!!
    I even gave a lovely gent the chance to call and he did brilliantly!..his
    U nderstanding in poor nowadays..his wife couldnt believe it when i told her a day or so later!..

Maybe try one way and then if that isnt suitable try another..
    Just bought bingo game from wilko or poundstretchers..got rid of noisey ball we use a bowl..

Best wishes..house!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Talking Point mobile app

9. Cheesecake4242

Apr 9, 2013
    My first session went well! We used proper bimgo cards with felt pens, 20p a game. Managed 3 games in one hour 15 mins. 8 people attended and all enjoyed it. Not sure about the bingo ball wheel, MIL thought it was too noisy! All in all very successful and residents very grateful that I had made the effort to do it for them.