Billy Elliott

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Couldn't agree more Jude, great film. There's a new one out by the same team, I'm dancing inside, want to see that too as Dave, my son is in a wheelchair. Love, She. XX

C

Chesca

Dear Jude

It's a brilliant movie, very uplifting. And JJ also enjoyed it much to my surprise as his taste usually extends only to those movies with at least a body count of 63 in the opening sequences!

Love
Chesca

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Sheila,

Do you know the titleof the new film?

Billy was one of about 3 films that I've managed to watch over the past five years and it was lent to me yesterday. Mum and Dad enjoyed it, although they did find it a bit hard to follow of course.

Am really looking forward to the next one.

Jude

C

Chesca

Jude, Have you seen Meet Joe Black? or As Good as it Gets? Both v. good me thinks. And Shrek 2 is just brilliant.

Chesca

susie

Nov 30, 2003
shropshire
Jude
I've got a copy of Calendar girls if you want a good laugh and a cry-sounds like a normal day of caring.
I can send it to you under plain brown wrapper if you want .
Susie

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Thanks Gang,

Need all the vids I can get, or should that be vidamins? Anyway, have resolved not to eat the Milkman before these arrive in the mail. [X ref to My Father is Driving me Bananas Thread or something like that] Brown paper is fine - I'm sending supplies to Fredericks for Chesca.

Jude

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
It's "I'm dancing inside" the name of the film I mean, at least I think thats it. Will try to find out for sure, might not be up your street, but it looked really good. Forgot to say, but you may already have done it, I gave Mum about ten quid in assorted change in her purse once she got quite confused, it helped because by the time she had counted it for a while she had calmed down. Before that she was taking a couple of hundred everywhere and constantly hiding it as well, then accusing all of taking it. Nightmare or what!?! Is this milkman taking the place of the policeman then? I reckon you are making sexy vole skin undies for the cave girl look not just being a thrifty cook. Love, She. XX

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Sheila,

The voles were definitely a foodie thing. I thought I'd serve up 'fricasee of vole' or 'vole au vents' [sorrieee couldn't resist that one....] tomorrow to stop my father going bonkers in Sainsbury's at my profilgate waste of £8. Let's face it - I'm not exactly their preferred customer right now. Mind you, voleskin undies do have a certain charm and not being quite 'pink and fluffy' - well they would at least be fluffy. May be I could dye them?

I have now, understandably, lost the whole plot of your post and will have to post this and go back to stage 1.

Jude

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
OK She,

Back on track now. Will definitely look out for the film. Thanks.

Father has bags and bags of small change which he very embarrassingly takes out and counts regularly. Most of this coinage is pretty well out of date I think. Anyway, it keeps him happy. I haven't provided him with this - it's smash that he's accumulated by himself and I don't want to encourage him any further on this actually. Good idea though.... I also ensure that he has £50 in his wallet which doesn't take a lot of topping up, since he hardly ever spends anything.

I spend so much time avoiding the issue of money, or thinking about it. Just hope I don't end up like him. I'd be mortified.

Jude

Geraldine

Oct 17, 2003
Nottingham
Can I recommend the movie 'Holes' for a really uplifting experience. From a cult US novel for young people, stirring intelligent feelgood stuff.

Geraldine

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Meet Joe Black and Billy Elliot were great. Try to see Ae Fond Kiss - it's fantastic. It's about a Glasgow Asian who falls in love with an Irish teacher - well worth seeing.

Other favourites - Moonstruck (with Cher and Nicholas Cage), Sheltering Sky (tres sad but fantastic) and The English Patient. (Not to mention The Man Who Would Be King - an oldie with Michael Cain and Sean Connery - a Rudyard Kipling Story and absolutely fabulous.)

Iz

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Izzy,

Thanks very much for the movie critique. I've only seen The English Patient out of your list and that was really excellent. I've made a note of the rest.

Jude