Beware talking too much

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hi folks

I'd just like to warn carers of the mistake I made with my CPN.

I was very friendly with her at the beginning because I was so lonely and at the end of my tether trying to cope alone with my mother whom had 3 disease including dementia. I talked too much, I gave her too much info about my mum, myself and my family. She rang me a lot and wouldn't get off the phone but only wanted to talk about my private business and had no interest in my mum, I dreaded her phone and house calls because they would go on forever and nothing ever came of them.

I recently made a complaint after my mum died about her treatment and my lack of support as a carer. I received correspondence this morning and I can tell you that everything you say to the CPN from phone calls to "private conversations" is noted. She had even timed the phone calls (this is why she would stay on so long) and put it down as "support" to me as her role as CPN. She even mentioned sending me a condolence card on the death of my mother as support, (4 weeks after her death!) She took comments that I made about my mum's condition, twisted it and put it down on paper to make herself look good, and my mum's condition far worse than it was, to justify using a major tranquiliser on her, so be careful what you say about your loved one's condition, only tell the very necessary stuff.

Please please be careful what you say about your loved one and yourself to these people, it can all be used against you if things go belly up! They are not a friend they are doing a job and minding their backs, so you please mind yours and your Alz sufferer's back too.

Best of luck to all you angels out there still in the front line.

Last edited:

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hi Magic,

Thank you for the information you've posted for carers. I hope the complaint is being taken seriously and that you get a satisfactory result.

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hi Jude

So far it's been a load of hassle and lots of paper has come back with thousands of words on it that say absolutely NOTHING. But then in the words of auld Ronan Keating,
"You say it best when you say nothing at all"
Shows how much they have to hide. It's a game of verbal dodge ball and I'm not sure wether to just abort mission, but that way no one coming behind as a carer of Alz patient gets helped.

There's more to come, but I doubt anyone will take any responsibility for anything.