Best Wishes to you all out there

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Hi
Was prompted to revisit here from an old email account that I rarely use nowadays as I received a message about a survey to complete. Now I've not looked in for a few years and can see a few changes but I'm sure that for the most part things remain the same.

We've still got Mum at home, the last few years has seen a rapid decline and she now lives downstairs as we were able to convert the dinning room into a bedroom, got a hospital bed which allows us to get her in and out much easier as it tilts in every way.

Sadly there is no communication now, she only occasionally mumbles something, though does laugh now and then which is a nice experience at least we can make her smile. I sit and talk to her a lot when I am there, I think it goes in, and she must be able to hear us as she's quite aware when I say it's dinner time ... or more importantly it's dessert time!! She does like her puddings.

We're now going through a handover period as the local council no longer do the day and evening care routine, it's been outsourced to an agency, oddly enough the same agency that Mum used to work for in her later years (she was a carer for a few years then came down with this illness)

Wanted to just say HELLO really.
And to wish you all well and the best of luck with everything you are going though, it's really hard going at times, as a believer in Karma and fate there must be something good come back our way in the end.

Peace and Love

TED X

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello TED

It`s good to hear from you.
We always like updates and it sounds as if you are doing your mother proud.

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Just wanted to say Peace and Love to you too. You have reached a stage I am not sure I could cope with but all credit to you. You are a wonderful man. x

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Hello from me too!

Sounds like you're doing a great job, and have a strong & positive approach, which I admire immensely. My mum is at a very similar stage and is settled in a very good nursing home now. It's wonderful when you get a smile or giggle, isn't it?

Just wanted to say I love the sentiment of something good coming back our way, and I will hold on to that as we continue our journey with mum.

Wishing you and your family well,

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
Hi TED peace and love to you , i also belive in KARMA , your mum is lucky to have you ... love miss cool.xxxxxxx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hello Ted. Your journey has taken you a long way, but it is lovely to feel the warmth that comes out when you talk about the pleasure of heariing your Mum laugh. I hope the fates treat you all kindly. Maureen.x