Best route of securing LPA on H & W

Deanne100

Nov 26, 2020
Hi Y'all
It's at the forefront of my mind to start attempting to get LPA on Health and Welfare? My bro applied for LPA on finance via a solicitor. Docs were signed and witnessed in July. I don't know at what cost. The process has still not been completed!!!
We've been advised several times that we should get LPA on H&W sorted pdq. I'm wondering if there are other routes that may be faster, to explore?
Many thanks in advance :)

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I did both online , really easy and cheap under a £100 , solicitors quote was over £3000. I filled it all in online , printed them off , got 2 witness’s . We all signed them at the same time , as you have to sign them in order . There is a backlog though so you may wait a similar amount of time .

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Yes it is all very easy, no need for a solicitor. Doing it online is more efficient but might be more difficult for the donor to understand and deal with. For that reason I did it on paper so he could read and sign, and the witnesses could as well. The certifier can be anyone who has known the donor for two years or more. Witnessing can be done through a glass window to avoid being put in a ball and chain in a rat-infested cell for breaking the latest coronavirus dictat.

Last edited:

Deanne100

Nov 26, 2020
Thank you Martin....I get your point re using printed format. I will do the same. :)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Filling in the document on line means that errors like missed sections and contradictory entries are flagged. Guidance is also displayed for each section.
You can save and retrieve the document as many times as you want, when happy with it you can print it off for final read through and signatures.
You then pay online and post the documents to the OPG.

Deanne100

Nov 26, 2020
Filling in the document on line means that errors like missed sections and contradictory entries are flagged. Guidance is also displayed for each section.
You can save and retrieve the document as many times as you want, when happy with it you can print it off for final read through and signatures.
You then pay online and post the documents to the OPG.
Thank you Nitram :) x