Best news so far this year!!!!!

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hello my good friends, as you may know i went head to head with BUPA last year over their new "Dementia Care" booklet. My problem was that even though they are the biggest caregiver of Dementia in the UK they failed to mention anybody under the age of sixtyfive!!!! There was no mention of how many under this age who have this awful disease.

I (as i do) let them know in no uncertain terms how i felt about this and hopefully spoke on behalf of all the others who had been "FORGOTTON" about in this booklet. I was promised last year that action would be taken and i am so pleaed to announce that this is the e mail i recieved yesterday.

Please read and enjoy!!

Hi Norms, hope all is well with you and your family.

It has taken longer than I had hoped for us to progress to a re-print of our booklet "Caring for someone with dementia", which will include the information on under 65s with dementia prompted by you. It will now be re-printed in mid-March, so I will ensure that a copy of the new booklet is sent to you before the end of March.

Thanks again for your input and for your continuing work to try to improve the experience of people living with dementia.

Best regards (name deleted )

If one voice can make such a difference to such a huge company can you imaginge what a difference could be made if we all stood together in this fight against Dementia!!

Where there is hope, there is life

Best wishes, Norrms and famly xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

Thank you so much, i didnt think at one stage they would keep their promise but fair play to them, they did xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Norrms,

Well done - you are winning your fight.

As always it takes longer than we would like, but you have actually managed to achieve something concrete - and if it makes a difference to just one person's life that is a major achievement.

This will reach a very wide audience - professionals, ordinary people, sufferers, families - brilliant!

and a bit brighter weather in the south too.... :) or is just sunshine radiating from the south west? :D

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Hi Normms
Once again well done, you really are unbeliveable how you keep having a go at improving things.
I am proud to know you:)
Love Roseann xx

bucko

Jan 28, 2009
Widnes
Best news so far this year

Hi Norms. What an achievement - well done to you. The audience will be wide and your fight to raise awareness is winning, you should be so proud of yourself.

Love to you and Elaine.

June x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Staffs