Bereavement stress

mackie

Feb 9, 2015
My lovely mum died last Friday and I just feel like having a rant. The coroner and all the procedures that go with this are making me feel really stressed. We heard nothing until I phoned this morning and asked what was happening. As my mum died in a nursing home less than 24 hours after being discharged from hospital, there seems to be a longer process then usual. The coroner told me one thing, the hospital another so I don't know whether I am coming or going. Apparently, the hospital doctor has now got to sign the death certificate so my mum has to go back to the hopsital tomorrow morning from the undertakers. We still don't know if we will get the signed certificate tomorrow so we cannot register the death so things are on hold for the moment. I just wish that these bureaucrats realise how much stress they cause individuals at a very difficult time. Rant over, I feel a bit better now.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I'm sorry that things haven't been made clear to you. As you say, it makes a difficult time even harder. Hopefully it will be sorted out tomorrow.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
The death of a loved one is stressful enough without this problem for you. Here in Australia a Coroner's Inquiry has to release the body after ten days unless it is a very unusual case so it is usually two weeks before a funeral can happen. I guess the autopsy or Coroner's Inquiry does stop something that can be done more carefully from affecting outcomes in the future. I do understand your frustrations though.

Sue.

mackie

Feb 9, 2015
Thankfully things are a bit calmer today which means we can register the death tomorrow. We have also arranged a date for the funeral on the 27th April which seems ages away but no doubt will come round quickly. Really dreading the day but will try and see it as a celebration of her life rather than the end.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Glad you have got to the point when you can plan the funeral at last. You can make it a joyful occasion with favourite hymns and songs and poems and a collage of photos and bright flowers. And at the get together afterwards encouraging others to tell funny stories so you can laugh. I have been to some funerals that were a real celebration of who the person was and what they meant to others and it was fantastic. We will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way in the time leading up to the event.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Such a difficult time for you and the family, Mackie but at least you now have a date for your Mother and can plan a lovely Celebration of her life. Then take time for yourself to come to terms with her passing. Thinking of you at this sad time - WIFE

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bznursenva