benefits

Liz&family

Jun 15, 2005
Hi everyone!
Its been ages since I first posted on this site but I have been in and out, its sometimes reassuring to know that there are other people out there who feel like me.
My Mum has Alzheimers and I look after her from 100 miles away. After talking with her doctor I am taking a bit of a back seat in her care for a while before I burn out so just now I am concentrating on her finances/paperwork etc. I have registered an EPoA, had a claim agreed for Attendance Allowance and have applied for a "reduction" in her council tax. I know Mum isnt entitled to any extra Pensions because of her savings.
The Council Tax tip was one I picked up from this site and just wondered if anyone knew of any other little tips I can use to make sure Mums money lasts as long as possible please?
I dont mean to sound mercenary (?) asking but am in "practical" mode for a bit rather than "care" mode if that makes sense.....

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
Hello Liz. My Mum now doesn't pay any council tax as she lives alone and has been diagnosed with AD. We had to get a form signed by her consultant to say she was mentally impaired, but it was all very straighforward.

Liz&family

Jun 15, 2005
thanks everyone, I'll have a read through the fact sheets - should have thought of looking there first!
liz

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan