Being watched!!!

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
Only had 20 minutes with mum today. The nurse was stood on the other side of the corridor, but it's that narrow (wheelchair width) that she might as well have been in the doorway.

I was watched all the time I was with mum, and I even had my mate with me.

That's how bad it is - and you wonder why I get annoyed, angry and lose my temper.

I have no choice but to move my mother.

Came home fuming, in fact I had to leave otherwise I would have blown my top with them and I didn't want them to see that.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Hope you don't mind me chipping in here, but may I ask WHY the nurse was watching?

I worked (and still do part time) on a Dementia Assessment unit, and when patients there were on 'one-to-one observations' (i.e. they had to be monitored by staff for many reasons including falls, aggression, etc. etc.), a member of staff stayed with that person.

However, if a family member came, the Nurse/Nursing Assistant would leave them to it and go and do other tasks until shortly before the visitor left and then take over again.

I certainly wouldn't be happy having someone stood gawping at me I have to say!

N.

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
Hi N.

I'm being watched because some agency nurses last year (Sept 04) made a false allegation with the result that I was arrested and charged with indecent assault. A year later I was found Not Guilty (after the jury took just 15 mins to decide). However, I'm still being watched - they are of the mindset "We know you did it but got away with it"

I'm taking legal action anway. They are driving me round the bend.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Thanks for replying Shakey1961a - hope I wasn't intruding... from your post you see, I thought that there may have been issues re: observation and your Mother, that's why I replied there.

Apologies for my mistake there I hope you don't mind.

My very best wishes to you with the legal action thing - hope you get it all sorted.

:)

N.

KarenC

Jun 2, 2005
Los Angeles, USA
Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear they are still making your life miserable. I hope you are able to move your mother without too much difficulty and stress on her. Too bad they are not leaving you any other good options.

There is a Latin saying something like (the more learned here may correct this :rolleyes: ) non carburundum illegitum -- DON'T LET THE ******** WEAR YOU DOWN.

Karen