Behaviour worries

Jackski

Oct 26, 2018
Hi,I'm a new member and just joined the forum to get help and advice as we are just starting on the road to getting my mum a diagnosis regarding her memory.But she has a few things going on that I wanted to ask about that would help the family.The first one is that she is constantly bursting into tears and really sobs her heart out,it breaks my heart to see her when this happens.I can usually calm her down with a hug and some kind words but just worry about what actually sets this off.Also my dad informs me that she constantly insults and belittles him telling him he's useless and no help to her.He has had a really bad year health wise and finds this really upsetting and hard to cope with.So if anyone has any advice I can give him that would help it would be appreciated.I have great support from my sister and brother but we are really just in the process of learning at the moment which is why I joined this forum.Thank you for listening.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Jackski

she constantly insults and belittles him telling him he's useless and no help to her.

This is something I can identify with prior to my husbands diagnosis. He had significant behaviour changes well before we realised anything was seriously wrong and was really nasty to me at times.

He was treated for depression and anxiety for a year and then a brain scan showed brain shrinkage and he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's dementia.

It sounds as if you are in the middle of seeking medical help. What has the doctor said?

Have a look at this fact sheet. It may identify behaviours and symptoms for you.

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-s...care/understanding-supporting-person-dementia

Keep posting though. There will be support and understanding for you during this extremely difficult time.