Behaviour therapy (stress/distress)

Louise83

Feb 5, 2019
Has anyone got experience of this? Waiting on it starting with a CPN from the clinic. Can't see much info online.

My mum has been angry and aggressive the past month, has hit me a few times. She gets angry about things she imagines I've done (stolen things, wrecked her clothes etc). Doesn't help that she thinks I'm her sister, and I'm not sure they had a great relationship.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Is this for you, or your mum @Louise83 ?
If its for you, then yes, I think it could be of great benefit.
If its for your mum then I cant see that it will work. Your mum is now unable to process information correctly and will not remember anything anyway.

Louise83

Feb 5, 2019
Sorry, yes it is for my mum. I've been given info about carer courses and mindfullness which I'll look at.

I'm feeling the same to be honest, just desperate to try anything they suggest.
After another bad week I'm feeling the only option will be respite or possibly something more long term. She lives with me but as above she is angry most of the time, and I'm not coping well. She has also started picking up urine infections due to poor hygiene.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Sometimes you have to show that something isnt going to work before anyone will consider another solution.
I dont think that you or your mum have anything to lose by going for it and then when you can say "I told you so" (or diplomatic words to that effect) they will have to look for something else.