Beginning of this journey

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Grannie G said:
If I had the energy, I would start a Support Group for both Sufferers and Carers to attend together.

Hi Sylvia,

Have you contacted your local AS branch?

Ours runs a 'couples' group once a month. Sometimes there is a speaker, sometimes they just chat. The chat's good, though the talks are useful.

You've probably already tried them, but if not........?

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Skye, thanks for suggesting it. I didn`t know there were groups for couples. I`ll give them a ring tomorrow.

Last edited:

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
keep posting it has helped me

and i am sure the support that is given will help you
no one can make this go away and the younger they are when suffering from this illness i think is even harder to come to terms with
i still have not got there yet i dought i will ever
but to be with people who Really understand helps

love bel x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
And now you are helping others!:) :) :)

Well done, bel. I'm not being patronising, but I'm so proud of you. You've come so far in the last few weeks.

Love,

lornastevens

Apr 12, 2007
hertfordshire
Frontal temporal

Hi All
I have just been over to Ireland and spend 6 days with my sister and i am delighted to say she was great. Still gets confused over clothes and often forgets what she was doing but on the whole really really good. Anti-depressants have helped with her moods and she is brighter and sunnier than at Xmas. I was still very aware of the FTD but on the whole she was really good. :) I know that Anne this will help especially as you are at the beginnng and unsure what to expect.

However, the people i am really worried about are my brother in law and nephew. They are finding it all very hard. the lesson is the CARER needs to take time out and look after themselves.

Will keep you informed as they are now here for a few days sorting out a base here in the UK which will enable us to help a bit more - thankfully.

Take good care all.
Lorna

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Lorna

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Ireland, it's a beautiful country, if it's not raining!

I hope you manage to find somewhere suitable for your family over here, it's great that you're able to support them in this way.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Lorna, what a lovely up beat post.

I`m so pleased the medication your sister is taking is helpful and really pleased all the family will soon be together to share the caring.

It sounds as if everything is under control. Well done.

love

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet