befriender

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi all

ive read lots of posts where some of you have mentioned having befrienders coming in i was wondering how you manage to get one and where from.
apparently my mums consultant has ideas about mum coming home from hospital for longer stays but without help my dad will not cope.
since she's been put on prozac her awareness has lifted a lot and she's more active now than ever:confused:
not bad considering she's into her last four months!!(according to the docs!!)
thanks all xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sure there will be lots of advice for your here. I suggest you contact your local Alzh. Society Branch who will put you in touch with the right organisations in your area. Crossroad, Help the Aged and Red Admiral all do a 'befriending' service in certain areas. (Unfortunately we do not come under any of these - but hopefully you do). Hope this helps Beckyjan

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
thanks beckyjan

i'll have a look on the net see if we have anything in my area. thanks xx

on a totally different note my son has just done 4 years at derby uni and lived in various places....lovely part of the country;)

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hello dmc

It might also be worth talking to the social worker who is involved with your mum's care. When my mum was first diagnosed the SW came up with loads of information and befriending was one of the areas she mentioned.

Best wishes