Been awhile

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Hi dear friends.
I haven't posted in a long time and so apologize for my neglect. Seems that at the end of the day there isn't much left to even get on the computer and catch up with everyone.
My Mom continues to deteriorate in the nursing home but remains cheerful. She brings joy to the people that take care of her and I feel that must be her purpose for still being here. She is so very frail though and she now doesn't know her own name. Oddly enough, she knows I'm her daughter and gives big hugs and smiles when I go see her.
My Dad had a stroke a few weeks ago and came very close to dying. He went to rehab and is now in skilled nursing at the nursing home. (different home than my Mom's) Long long story, had to move him to a different home yesterday because of the poor care he was receiving. He has now figured out how to use the phone and called me twice in the middle of the night last night. His cognition has been effected by the stroke. I don't know how far he will go in his recovery, at best he will go to assisted living, at worse stay in the nursing home.
Then my father in law died two weeks ago of lung cancer and we made a week trip to his funeral. And I'm working part time because my daughter is getting married int he Fall.
My step sisters are giving me heck constantly. They want to interfer with Dad's care, but don't want to give up their lives to come do for him.
So, I am very very tired and weary. But, woohoo, today I get to go to work and that is like a vacation !!
I hope this finds you all doing well and hanging in there. If I don't get back for awhile please know you are all special to me and in my thoughts.

Debbie

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Debbie
I was only thinking of you the other day, wondering how you are.
You sound very busy!!
In spite of the deterioration in your mum,I'm pleased to hear she remains cheerful.....that must be of great comfort to you.....
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and hope he continues to improve.
I'm also very sad to learn of your father in law and I send my love to you and your family.
For my part, I lost my dear mum in February.....she broke her hip in December and from there her decline was alarmingly rapid.....but I find a great deal of comfort in the fact she is reunited with my dad.
I will be returning to work part time in April so things are moving on now.
Take care Debbie
Keep in touch
Love to you all
Wendy xx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Debbie so pleased to hear from you - you have been in my thoughts a lot recently.
So sorry about your dad - mum's decline is inevitable - your dad's illness must have seemed so harsh.
You are missed on here - so don't leave it too long.
Much love, Helen

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Hi lovely to see you on TP , I have been wondering how you was getting on thank-you for taking the time out to pop in , sorry to read about your father stroke , and please to read that your mother still know it you and is well cared for in the care home .

I am still caring for my mother at home , mum of to respite at 2pm today for 2 weeks , so giveing me time out.

Take care Love, Maggie

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Debbie

Thinking of you, sorry to hear how tough things have been for you recently.
Seems that at the end of the day there isn't much left to even get on the computer and catch up with everyone.

I think we can all relate to this one.......:(

Take care of yourself

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Hi Debbie,

Gosh what a time your having, so sorry to read the news about your dad, the recovery always takes longer when they`re older doesn`t it, but hopefully with time, he`ll be as well as you can expect him to be. Also sorry to read about your FIL, if it doesn`t rain it pours!!!!

Thanks for having "a few minutes to post" Debbie,
We all look forward to hearing from you soon Hopefully things will be more settled for you then.

Thinking of you and sending " BIG HUGS ".
Jan. X :)