Been Away

Nel

Mar 24, 2004
warrington
Hello All

I've been away from the site for a while but still continue to watch my Dad struggle through stage 7 of Vac/AD. I was pulled back to this site as I don't know what else to do. Is that selfish?
Today he had a grand mal seizure and it terrified me, just watching him laying there rigid and knowing I am so helpless. Tonight he sleeps peacefully for the moment, I am torn in bits as I watch my beloved Dad fade away a little bit more. The heartache never seems to end, but I have to carry on, as we all do........

Nel
-x-

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome back Nel. How can it be selfish to return to a site where everyone understands.

All the trauma you are facing with your father must be taking it`s toll on you.

Stay in touch. At least you can off load, if nothing else.

Love xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Nel:

So sorry to see your post. It is heartbreaking and I can only say 'thinking about you'. Glad you felt you could come to TP and hopefully get some comfort here.

Love Jan

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear nel, so glad that you still feel able to share with us.

Today he had a grand mal seizure and it terrified me, just watching him laying there rigid and knowing I am so helpless.

Been there Nel, my heart just aches for you. Stay strong.

Last edited:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Nell

I am so sorry that you had to witness your dad having a seizure - that must have been awful. As for you being selfish, Talking Point is there for you and you can use it as and when you like and No one who cares for anyone with a dementia can be regarded as selfish :)

Love and best wishes

Nel

Mar 24, 2004
warrington
Hi

I'm feeling better today, not so down, many thanks for your kind words, it helps to know you can let things out and you all know how it really feels, this disease is insidious. On the positive side Dad has improved as much as he can and is smiley today. He can't communicate any more but I can hold his hand and give him lots of love and hugs, and chocolate, he's a right chocolate face!

-x-

Bristol Monkey

Aug 13, 2008
Bristol, UK
Hi Nel,

I hope you're having a better day today. My Dad has also had those awful seizures and so I have some idea of what you must be feeling. It's really scary, isn't it? And, I know we all felt really helpless when it happened too. I think the one consolation is that he couldn't really remember anything about it afterwards, and so it's the people that see it happen that are left with the horrible images.

I just wanted to say keep strong. As ever, tomorrow is another day. I just joined the site today and was blown away by the number of responses I had to my first question. It sounds like there are lots of people going through similar situations and hopefully we can all send each other a bit of hope and advice from time to time.

Take care of yourself.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Nel

I can hold his hand and give him lots of love and hugs, and chocolate, he's a right chocolate face

I am so glad that you feel less down today and your dad is very fortunate to have you to give him love, hugs and chocolate:)

Love

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Nel,
So sorry to read about your Dad. I know with Peter it is heartbreaking to watch.

All we can do is show our love and hope it gets them through.

Love from
Christine

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew 132