Been absent for a while

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
I have been absent for a while, my OH in a Nursing Home just round the corner,(he is almost 69) and he knows it, so we have been battling with his wanting to come home, why am I here, etc etc. somewhat "settled" "but not" if you know what I mean. He is on our minds from the minute we wake up until we go to sleep

He is about to go to Hospital for an overnight stay, oral enema, ct scan, then stay the night afterwards. This is our last chance of getting this done as he is not particularly compliant at times.

I plan to stay with him night and day until this is done as he can become troublesome in hospital, it is the only way we have a chance of getting this done.

Has anyone had a similar experience please, I guess I should phone the hospital to inform them of my intentions.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello you, good to hear from to to catch up. Sad about your struggles bless. Can't really advise but wanted to say hi :) sure someone will be along soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
Thank you so much, I have been reading about other peoples struggles but havn't known what to say to them, I feel so fortunate in many ways at least OH has full CHC funding and 1-1/ 4 hours a day. review to be carried out in 3 months. He does have quite serious health issues so I guess that is why we are fortunate, and we have a really good team behind us. Just so grateful!
Hello you, good to hear from to to catch up. Sad about your struggles bless. Can't really advise but wanted to say hi :) sure someone will be along soon xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thank you so much, I have been reading about other peoples struggles but havn't known what to say to them, I feel so fortunate in many ways at least OH has full CHC funding and 1-1/ 4 hours a day. review to be carried out in 3 months. He does have quite serious health issues so I guess that is why we are fortunate, and we have a really good team behind us. Just so grateful!

I don't comment on all posts either as some are so heartbreaking that I too just can't put into words how I want to hug them and wish I could help to make things better and more often I end up with a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat ! Glad you have all the support you need silver lining :) x

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Silver Lining - my husband was hospitalised for five days last summer - I stayed with him most of the time though after day 2 the hospital engaged a night carer to special him so I could go home for sleep. Even though he was on a general ward once they realised the extent of his dementia and confusion my staying with him was not an issue at all. I would approach the hospital before admission and just say you intend to stay with your OH for the duration. They will probably be very relieved.

Thinking of you both - the "wanting to come home" is so wearing on the nerves - my lovely's chant was "lets go" - constantly. WIFE

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. My OH was much calmer today a really good visit, the Hospital left a message to say they were going to allocate a side room if one is available on the day, transport is booked, so watch this space.:):)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife