Been 5 weeks in care home

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
“Oh well, time to go and tidy the airing cupboard!”

I don’t know how you stand the pace!;)

On the calendar for next week is clearing out the kitchen cupboards.

Honestly, the bathrooms are gleaming, the oven sparkles, there is no washing or ironing and our breadmaking skills are im-prove-ing (get it?) no end ?

I feel as if I'm living in somebody else's house!

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Dont we all live exciting lives @Dimpsy ?
:rolleyes:

One of the highlights of our day is putting the news on at lunchtime and we aren't allowed to start eating until we have put our legs in the air at the end of 'Bargain Hunt', which we also count towards our daily exercise regime!

Thank goodness for TP.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Good to hear from you Donkeyshere - working from home is something I've done on the days I don't work but much harder with a full house to concentrate.

Sadly no house tidying has yet made it to the list - been so busy (I've started an update on my thread but not quite finished it).

Less arguing than normal here - we know that our mad pace of life and not enough time are big issues - hence less tension over xmas and holidays (reverse of many families).

I haven't been out much but feel scared when out.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello @Donkeyshere.

I've been wondering how you are all getting on and whilst I am glad that your mil is settled but I am thinking of everyone here who is still caring in the lockdown. You have to tell yourself that your mil is in a good care home which is doing their best for her. It must seem odd to have someone in the annex again and as your son says they will sort themselves out. I myself, am trying to get all my Piano and Violin pupils on-line but I am not impressed with the sound I am getting from WhatsApp so I am trying to use zoom to see if I can get a better sound.

MaNaAk

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Hello @Donkeyshere.

I've been wondering how you are all getting on and whilst I am glad that your mil is settled but I am thinking of everyone here who is still caring in the lockdown. You have to tell yourself that your mil is in a good care home which is doing their best for her. It must seem odd to have someone in the annex again and as your son says they will sort themselves out. I myself, am trying to get all my Piano and Violin pupils on-line but I am not impressed with the sound I am getting from WhatsApp so I am trying to use zoom to see if I can get a better sound.

MaNaAk
Hi @MaNaAk - good to hear from you - I did a zoom online fitness lesson on Sunday - legs just about recovered - you do know you also mute everyone on zoom! Just saying....!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hi @MaNaAk - good to hear from you - I did a zoom online fitness lesson on Sunday - legs just about recovered - you do know you also mute everyone on zoom! Just saying....!

Yes! I had mute on by mistake and also the video! Please read my Hairdressers thread in the Coronavirus section which I created after having watched 'Have I Got News For You'.

MaNaAk

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Good to hear from you Donkeyshere - working from home is something I've done on the days I don't work but much harder with a full house to concentrate.

Sadly no house tidying has yet made it to the list - been so busy (I've started an update on my thread but not quite finished it).

Less arguing than normal here - we know that our mad pace of life and not enough time are big issues - hence less tension over xmas and holidays (reverse of many families).

I haven't been out much but feel scared when out.

Its really nice to hear from everyone @jugglingmum - Ive missed you lot! I'm lucky I have a study away from everyone but on the other side its quite isolating. But still at least I have a job so grateful for that regardless. PS whats house tidying?!!