Bed wetting

Claud

Jun 27, 2015
My partner is incontinent at night and takes his wet pads off at night soaking the carpet bed and clothes. Any hints please

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
The long legged ones look less accessible Izzy they might be better for someone who is determined,

That was Bill until about a couple of months ago! He was a bit of a Houdini. For some reason that has all calmed down.

We still don't have the problem of which Tena product for him. None of them are really brilliant for him.

Claud have you had a chat with someone from the local continence clinic? They might be able to suggest something.

Last edited:

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello claud, my hubby has been wetting at night bed and carpet, he does get to the toilet but has done it befor he has got there, l bought padded washable pants from age uk they are wonderful the same as jockey pants which my hubby wears, so he doesn't know any difference. No more wet bed or carpets, they hold up to 1/2 pint of urine. Hope this will help you ☺

Sue123

Aug 30, 2014
Nottingham
Hello Claud.
My Mum has the same problem although more often lately she keeps her disposable pants on.
She still seems to wet the bed though. Im wondering if theres anything different i could try which wont leak?

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
If you find something that never leaks, please let us know. That's why people buy waterproof mattress covers and Kylie sheets, because pads mostly aren't enough in the night.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
If you find something that never leaks, please let us know. That's why people buy waterproof mattress covers and Kylie sheets, because pads mostly aren't enough in the night.

I use the Tena flex maxi for Bill. It is a belted all in one product and one is supposed to last him all night. It is supposed to hold 2100ml. My experience is that the front of the product absorbs a lot of urine then instead of the rest absorbing along the length of the product it somehow gets out and soaks up the sides and around the belt. The continence clinic even got the lady from Tena (the Tena lady!:rolleyes:) to come to the house and see how we were fitting it. I've no idea why this happens to Bill as according to her it doesn't happen to others! They want me to use the euro dome things on him but he pulls these off and there's a bigger mess.

I'm gathering strength to contact the clinic again and tell her the pads are not working for him.

This is the absorbency table for Tena products -

https://www.choiceadmin.co.uk/fileu...d?d=0&file=custom/upload/File-1427129023.docx

This is what the flex looks like -
http://www.tena.co.uk/looking-after...formation/our-products/belted/tena-flex-maxi/