Bbc1

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Thanks Margarita,
I spotted this just as I was going to bed, so stayed up and watched it.
Love Helen

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I could not believe that the man with the pink shirt said that people die of dementia within 3 years!!!

Who was that man ?

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
My mother's neighbour looked after her aunt with dementia for 23 years, then she had to put her in a hospital, I can't remember how long she lived in the hospital.

A friend of my mother's looked after his wife with dementia for about 25 years, she went into a respite home every 8th week, I don't know if that situation has changed as he stopped writing when my mother died.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Thanks Lila13 For answering

I wonder if he was referring to when they go in to care home and then die, but then people can still live a long time at the last stage in a care home more then 3 years, I felt like he was just stereotyping dementia and that actor just humouring him .man with pink shirt, sure he was an MP for the conservative party . I am not in to any political party so I would not recognise the MP to what political party they are in, so am not 100 percent sure if he was conservative , just look it .

When the actor Tony was ask a question at the end , they ask him what did he really want for people with dementia he said (and I could not believe it ) that when person is in a care home they are allowed to rub a hunky on they leg with they hand and he showed the action of doing that . Where he was coming from with that is be on belief for me

Last edited: