BBC web site news

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6266124.stm

another young onset person.

Interestingly they had the same experience as I did with my Jan - we had to pay to get a diagnosis, though fortunately we had medical insurance through my job. Of course the insurance died totally once there was a diagnosis. Even with the private diagnosis, it took many years because of Jan's age and the fact that dementia was not on the list of things to be considered.

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It might be an idea for medical students to be given TP as part of their course work.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I always refer to TP when I'm talking to medical and nursing students, and put a link to it in my handouts. Hopefully at least some of them will follow it up.

(Though I haven't seen any new members from this area):(

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi all,

When I have been out speaking at events, I always spend time near the end talking about this website, as many don't know that it exists.
I recently had the privilage to speak at a Carers group, and some people said that they wished they had heard about Talking Point earlier on, when they did not know where to turn.
I also spoke to a group of Doctors at a local surgery and pointed out that this site existed, and they were truly suprised that anyone needed something like this. It just proves that Doctors don't always know what is going on around them. I think we really need to push T.P. a little more in the local branch media and newsletters, and perhaps Doctors Surgerys.

This site has been a God Send to many and I hope it remains that way.

Best wishes

Ken

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Your right Ken

It just proves that Doctors don't always know what is going on around them. I think we really need to push T.P. a little more in the local branch media and newsletters, and perhaps Doctors Surgerys.

May be could be push by local AZ groups , making small poster that could be sent to local surgerys to hang on clip broads , notice boards in surgerys & local hospitals .

Wondering what objection( if any ) the administrators of TP would say about that ?

PS Hazel Just to get an Idear
and put a link to it in my handouts

What does it say on your handouts ?

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Maggie, the handouts vary according to who I'm talking to -- could be trainee doctors, hospital nurses, community nurses.

I always tell them about TP in my talk, and mention that there is a lot of useful information about the probems encountered by carers, with a separate forum for professionals.

I then put the TP url at the bottom of the handout.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet